Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R-Seat Evo V3 died before my CSPv2 loadcell did.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Thank you for the reply and why why did you mention motion rig......this was on my roadmap in a couple of years but you have shown me how to introduce into a rig that I can use now and upgrade later so now I need to be strong enough to stick with my roadmap ........ like that's going to happen

Downside I notice the motion is a build project , so maybe time to call in the build favours I have from my son

I have already ordered the podium wheel but I have been really good this year and fully deserve the presents Santa will bring me...... now where is my pen and paper to write that letter
    I just ordered the rig when the guy posted those videos. For me I calmed down when I looked at the price for the servo motors alone, and than you still need the profile and other bits. Let alone that I don't have a 3D printer yet, and it takes 2 weeks to print all the parts on a single printer running 24/7.
    So it will at least cost 1500 euro I roughly guessed looking at a few big parts for the project. So yeah, that figure calmed me down a bit.

Dear Santa, I know you are busy and so I won't ask much. Can you just give me a porcelain piggy with 2000 euro in it for its guts?
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    I just thought of another way to use the wheel deck.
    If you use 3 knobs with m6 tread to fasten the wheel than you can quickly remove it and us the surface to put a joystick on there.

The only thing is, you might want to use different fasteners than bolts for the wheel deck itself. So you can more easily adjust angle and height.

The construction of these plastic knobs will determine how tightly you can tighten them down. Weak plastic might fail on you after all.

Edit:
    I mean instead of plastic knobs you can use these metal knurled thumb screws for example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumb-Screws-High-Type-DIN-464-in-A1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	260884
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 03-10-2018 at 10:03.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    I would be interested to hear your thoughts once you receive the rig.

With my dd due the discussion has made me think about rigidity as the forces, which I hadn't appreciated will be considerably more than my csw. Currently I have a playseat rig which I am more than happy with but is it going to be stable enough?

One point that is stopping me pressing ahead is the aesthetics, i like to have a rig that looks the business and adds to the overall feel and the p1 is just a little to industrial looking , granted the black edition really helps in this regard but another 200 euros seems a little steep.

As they say there is no accounting for taste but I don't want to buy something and every time I use it think h'mm
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I would be interested to hear your thoughts once you receive the rig.

With my dd due the discussion has made me think about rigidity as the forces, which I hadn't appreciated will be considerably more than my csw. Currently I have a playseat rig which I am more than happy with but is it going to be stable enough?

One point that is stopping me pressing ahead is the aesthetics, i like to have a rig that looks the business and adds to the overall feel and the p1 is just a little to industrial looking , granted the black edition really helps in this regard but another 200 euros seems a little steep.

As they say there is no accounting for taste but I don't want to buy something and every time I use it think h'mm
    Can I be honest? I always nagged about my rSeat already flexing under stress of the first Clubsport Wheel, but this had a C shaped frame for the wheel. That meant getting in and out was easy but there was play in there simply due to the design of it.

Personally my suggestion would be to simply get the Podium base and mount it and see. If it flexes you can save up money for whatever you want, if it doesn't... it's a win and it won't cost you extra money for a new rig.

As far as aesthetics and "looking the business" and the P1 being "industry". Well, industry is business and so it fits the bill. If you want aesthetics... simply get the Fanatec Rennsport v2 rig which has the same aesthetics as the other Fanatec products, so you get quite a nice looking package at the end of the day.

Anyway, tastes differ from person to person. If you're in doubt now than I suggest you look for something more appealing to you, or at least don't pull the trigger unless you're hundred procent satisfied and sure that you want it. You can only spend the money once after all, besides often a female counterpart would start to grumble if you spend money for the same thing twice because you're not satisfied.

So if you just get the Podium base first and see how it fairs on that playseat of yours than you also know how strong of a rig you might need. Besides, you can always dial down the FFB strength to levels the playseat can handle until you've gotten a better rig. Plus if you can show the missus/girlfriend the issue with the Podium base on that rig she'll be more open to you spending money on a new rig.