Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R-Seat Evo V3 died before my CSPv2 loadcell did.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

R-Seat Evo V3 died before my CSPv2 loadcell did.

So yesterday I noticed horrible squealing and cracking coming from my pedals. As if it was the titanic herself crying under stress while she was sinking.

Okay, maybe not THAT dramatic but still... I had a look today and this is what I found.

This is the left and worst side, which has formed a tear in the metal pipe of the pedal plate end. Thus the lower part to which the plate gets attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180930_154144.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	260751

This is the right side that is also already tearing up. It wouldn't have been long I guess until my pedals would be on the floor with quite a bit of torn metal on each side.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180930_154204.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	260752

Surprisingly everyone nags all the time about the old Clubsport brake pedal loadcell failing. Yet I wonder what we can conclude from this?

Anyway, with torn and twisted metal like this that is already fracturing you can't really weld it.

R.I.P. My beloved R-Seat. We had many lovely races and pCARS testing hours together.

So... here I am pondering what rig to get next.

I am really leaning towards an aluminium profile rig. At least that can continue to evolve with my needs.
    Sadly I haven't got much to spend currently, but I don't want it to get crazy expensive (like near 1000 bucks expensive)
    I am thinking a rig from Motedis or maybe Sim-Lab, which are both situated near or in the Netherlands. Which reduces shipping costs, cause no matter what... any metal is heavy!

I am fully open to suggestions or a good and sturdy rig. One that you can attach... a direct drive to (most likely will be a Podium), can handle the CSPv3 Inverted that I am looking at, Clubsport shifter and handbrake can be mounted low (as in a normal car... arm rest height). Last but not least it should be able to mount at least 4 butt kickers for Simvibe chassis mode.

So... I know I don't demand much from a rig.
    Anyway, feel free to fire some suggestions my way as that is the reason why I opened this thread.

Shoot!
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sim Lab! (or self build,but this will not be cheaper than a complete one).
    and you can always build extra stuff if needed or rearrange it to your needs.
    HE has a nice Rig too but a little bit expensive...
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    That sucks.

Personally I'm looking fondly at the simlab gt1-evo....
    Or anything from them....
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PC
    you may want to try this thread which has a few ideas http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43271-Simulation-Cockpit
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    PlayseatŪ Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    Sim Lab! (or self build,but this will not be cheaper than a complete one).
    and you can always build extra stuff if needed or rearrange it to your needs.
    HE has a nice Rig too but a little bit expensive...
    HE is in the same city as me though, the city of Groningen. So I could pick that up myself. It is expensive and is basically only designed to fit their equipment, even more so than Fanatec's expensive rig.

So yeah, Sim Lab or like I said Motedis as a quite a bit cheaper solution. Although the way the uprights are attached on the Motedis rigs doesn't give me confidence in how sturdy those designs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    That sucks.

Personally I'm looking fondly at the simlab gt1-evo....
    Or anything from them....
    I was looking at the GT1-Evo but I decided against it, because the wheel plate is bolted down on 4 screws with a lot of overhang. This causes too much stress on the screws and could cause a slipping mounting plate, I remedied this in the end with a likewise construction of the pedal plate on the R-Seat RS Evo v3... the result was that the metal gave way.

So because of this I am floating more towards spending more money on a GT1 with wheel deck.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    you may want to try this thread which has a few ideas http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43271-Simulation-Cockpit
    I have just had a look and they are more low-end rigs. Let me respond to a few posted suggestions from that thread so you guys can wrap your head around my thinking here.

Playseats: I have tested a few Playseats as they are setup in the local electronics shops here, but the pole in the middle and horrible seats is a big no for me.

R3E rig: Floating pedal plate. I am really against floating pedal plates because of the stress it puts on a single hinge point, which is why my R-Seat died.

GT Omega Art: This rig has a more flimsy metal bar construction than my R-Seat, so it doesn't instill much confidence in me.
    GT Omega Pro: More sturdy looking construction but the bars going over the pedal plate area will get in the way when I wish to get me some inverted pedals

Volair Sim: Too much of a flight rig and doesn't look really comfortable to me in terms of race equipment placement.

Zalem Pro: Interesting solution and might be an option, although a lot less modular of course than a Sim Lab rig. It is sadly out of stock, so no luck there.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/
    with the wheel deck option for 700€
    (would be one of my personal choices if i needed one or would buy one)
    angled pedalplate is not needed because you sit very low here and it can take more serious hardware (DD, HE ultimates etc).
    ?
    the GT Omega stuff looks like a "wiggle-wiggel" Rig...
    the Volair is for flight sims (the "air" in the name)
    R3E , lol... no... looks like the second part of the horror from playseats.
    Zalem: *WTF* is this?... seems interesting on the first look but to many points that will start to wiggle/move.
    and from the price not very interesting compared to Simlabs P1 in my eyes)
    but on all rigs you need an solution to mount a TV/monitor (extra costs).
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Playseats: I have tested a few Playseats as they are setup in the local electronics shops here, but the pole in the middle and horrible seats is a big no for me.
    I have it. Its ok as a starter or entry. But what you write is exactly why i'm looking to upgrade.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/
    with the wheel deck option for 700€
    (would be one of my personal choices if i needed one or would buy one)
    angled pedalplate is not needed because you sit very low here and it can take more serious hardware (DD, HE ultimates etc).
    ?
    the GT Omega stuff looks like a "wiggle-wiggel" Rig...
    the Volair is for flight sims (the "air" in the name)
    R3E , lol... no... looks like the second part of the horror from playseats.
    Zalem: *WTF* is this?... seems interesting on the first look but to many points that will start to wiggle/move.
    and from the price not very interesting compared to Simlabs P1 in my eyes)
    but on all rigs you need an solution to mount a TV/monitor (extra costs).
    Actually, I don't need a monitor as I am a VR-Only racer/driver (I play ETS2/ATS too and it's not a race game). So my rig is positioned to the side of the room, and the fact that I have a Vive also means I have no issues with tracking or having to put trackers on a platform somewhere like with the Oculus.

You are right with the P1 as it might be more expensive but it would just be a one time buy. With maybe making some upgrades to it down the line, if it ever needs any.
    There is still 100 euro on extra cost for the P1 though. This for seat slider + bucket seat brackets + CSS shifter mount bracket. Although I might be able to get away with using my CSS table clamp as a temp solution for a bracket.

I was looking at the P1 and GT1 just now and in terms of size they are very much identical to the room my R-Seat. Which means either would drop in nicely without having to make extra room.

Also about that Zalem Pro rig... seems like a pain to mount buttkickers to. So that one is definitely out as well.

I am starting to thinking that I'll be left with only one or two options as I am ticking the boxes for myself here, so either the P1 or GT1. In any case, I won't be going for a black anodized rig. It might look nice when new but it'll scratch up over time and in a few years it would end up looking bad.

The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    another ETS2/ATS addicted found

seat slider: not really needed.
    i had them once in a previous build but removed them afterwards because after setup all on my needs there was never a change again.
    and if then open 4 screws, new position, close --> done. (and im the only one sitting here so...)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    double post...