Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R-Seat Evo V3 died before my CSPv2 loadcell did.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    another ETS2/ATS addicted found

seat slider: not really needed.
    i had them once in a previous build but removed them afterwards because after setup all on my needs there was never a change again.
    and if then open 4 screws, new position, close --> done. (and im the only one sitting here so...)
    Good point about the slider!
    Although, how hard is it getting in and out of the P1 without it?

Mind... I am really close to pulling the trigger here. The price is really killing me at the moment though, but being on benefits due to health issues that prevent me from working... I need my rig to pass the time.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    So yesterday I noticed horrible squealing and cracking coming from my pedals. As if it was the titanic herself crying under stress while she was sinking.

Okay, maybe not THAT dramatic but still... I had a look today and this is what I found.

This is the left and worst side, which has formed a tear in the metal pipe of the pedal plate end. Thus the lower part to which the plate gets attached.
    Attachment 260751

This is the right side that is also already tearing up. It wouldn't have been long I guess until my pedals would be on the floor with quite a bit of torn metal on each side.
    Attachment 260752

Surprisingly everyone nags all the time about the old Clubsport brake pedal loadcell failing. Yet I wonder what we can conclude from this?

Anyway, with torn and twisted metal like this that is already fracturing you can't really weld it.

R.I.P. My beloved R-Seat. We had many lovely races and pCARS testing hours together.

So... here I am pondering what rig to get next.

I am really leaning towards an aluminium profile rig. At least that can continue to evolve with my needs.
    Sadly I haven't got much to spend currently, but I don't want it to get crazy expensive (like near 1000 bucks expensive)
    I am thinking a rig from Motedis or maybe Sim-Lab, which are both situated near or in the Netherlands. Which reduces shipping costs, cause no matter what... any metal is heavy!

I am fully open to suggestions or a good and sturdy rig. One that you can attach... a direct drive to (most likely will be a Podium), can handle the CSPv3 Inverted that I am looking at, Clubsport shifter and handbrake can be mounted low (as in a normal car... arm rest height). Last but not least it should be able to mount at least 4 butt kickers for Simvibe chassis mode.

So... I know I don't demand much from a rig.
    Anyway, feel free to fire some suggestions my way as that is the reason why I opened this thread.

Shoot!
    R . I . P
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz(@1.41v@84c)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 2TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ VR: Oculus Rift/ 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Okay guys, I pulled the trigger on what I hope will be my last rig purchase in a lifetime. If needs be I could always use the profile for other things if I ever decide (or have to due to health issues) to quit racing.

I decided on the Sim-Lab P1 with seat slider, seat brackets and universal Fanatec shifter mount.

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, eracerhead

Platform
    PC
    I would at least contact rSeat and see what they say.. I know several people with rSeat rigs (myself included) and none have failed like that.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I would at least contact rSeat and see what they say.. I know several people with rSeat rigs (myself included) and none have failed like that.
    Well, I reinforced the way I bolted down the pedal plate as this rig still had the issue of the pedal plate sliding down under pressure.
    So I used big washers, longer bolts and lock nuts. This increased the clamping force by quite a lot. As in the metal has shown sign of having been deformed now I took it apart.

So I don't know how they will respond to that. All I know is that the rig is no longer being made, and it is far beyond its warranty period.
    Last time I tried to contact them outside of warranty for an issue they couldn't help me as the rig wasn't made anymore. So I doubt they can now.

Meanwhile a friend of mine in Cyprus who sold me this rig for a 100 euro discount also went out of business.
    So I can't complain really. I took the rig beyond its designed use and had a big discount when I bought it. It just would feel bad if I contacted them about it.

Platform
    PC
    I know several people with rSeat rigs (myself included) and none have failed like that.
    That's because you don't know anyone with hydraulic rams for legs.
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 01-10-2018 at 06:47.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PC
    Well, I reinforced the way I bolted down the pedal plate as this rig still had the issue of the pedal plate sliding down under pressure.
    So I used big washers, longer bolts and lock nuts. This increased the clamping force by quite a lot. As in the metal has shown sign of having been deformed now I took it apart.
    I did something similar as I've got strong pedals as well. It wouldn't hurt as the worst they can say is "tough luck" which puts you in the same spot as you are now.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    why not go to the next locksmith and as if he could repair that?

Maybe he does it better than some 15 years chinese boy

BTW.

This is very stable.
    https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com
    Last edited by satco1066; 30-09-2018 at 23:47.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    That's because you don't anyone with hydraulic rams for legs.
    Oye! I am not that strong! :P

The CSPv2 is 32cm long, so let's say the entire pedal plate is 40cm to the hinge bolt. I forgot what the rating was on the loadcell of the v2 pedals, but I think it was either 20kg or maybe even 50kg. So let's say I can apply 50kgf with a 40cm lever onto the framework. That's about 200Nm of torque that I am hammering out onto the metal day in and day out since... January of 2012 (had to look that up). I think it would be normal to expect metal fatigue at some point with that abuse, especially as I just found out... the 35x35mm tubing is only 1mm thick steel.

I did something similar as I've got strong pedals as well. It wouldn't hurt as the worst they can say is "tough luck" which puts you in the same spot as you are now.
    You might be right. No is something I have, yes is something I can get... I always tell that to myself. I keep forgetting my own preachings. lol

Edit: Message send!

Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    why not go to the next locksmith and as if he could repair that?

Maybe he does it better than some 15 years chinese boy

BTW.

This is very stable.
    https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com
    I don't know if there even is a locksmith here anymore. All locks are simply bought from the industry here. You know... 13 in a dozen Abus locks.
    So before even thinking about getting him to repair something silly as this... first I'd have to find one.

It's not Chinese made but Bulgarian made. Mine was shipped directly from Bulgaria at least before rSeat became big. At least I don't remember them being big, and most folks were still building their own from wood or PVC pipes.
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 01-10-2018 at 00:20.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good point about the slider!
    Although, how hard is it getting in and out of the P1 without it?

Mind... I am really close to pulling the trigger here. The price is really killing me at the moment though, but being on benefits due to health issues that prevent me from working... I need my rig to pass the time.
    well im 43 in November and can get out of mine and im not a gymnast.
    but if you are need to do this in a real car then you will get a hard time getting out of there
    (more simtime then) *g*
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes