Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R-Seat Evo V3 died before my CSPv2 loadcell did.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I did something similar as I've got strong pedals as well. It wouldn't hurt as the worst they can say is "tough luck" which puts you in the same spot as you are now.
    Got a mail back and I am telling you this as a fellow RS Evo owner as well.
    So FYI:
    They said tough luck as the product is discontinued for a while now and there are no more spare parts available for it. Since I was in need of a strong rig they recommended me the rSeat S1.

Link: https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSEAT-S1-Gaming-Seat

So yeah, tough luck indeed and onto better things.

R.I.P. R-Seat RS Evo V3 in red/black color.

If I have to be honest than I am glad to have chosen a Sim Lab P1 instead. Especially looking at the price of the S1 and its construction and limitations.

Also thanks for pushing me to write a mail. Now I don't have to question later if it could have been fixed or not. So no sense of guilt in a way or having not tried to aquire a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    well im 43 in November and can get out of mine and im not a gymnast.
    but if you are need to do this in a real car then you will get a hard time getting out of there
    (more simtime then) *g*
    Last week I had to crawl into someone his window, as he was sickly (broken hip) and lives in an elderly flat. He called my dad and than asked if I could maybe bring him some groceries as he couldn't walk, but as he couldn't walk I had to be an acrobat. Lol

Besides, I am still reasonably sized. So even if I am not young and skinny anymore but have a bit of a belly, I can still move about a bit. Although... not like how I used to in my prime (I am 32 myself).

So no, I have no issues with it. What I did later think about was that I have to walk by the rear of my rig towards the door, which can be a tight passage. So if I can easily slide the seat forward it would make it quite a bit easier to pass behind it.
    Hence I opted for the slider against your very valid points.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Small update, but I added some forgotten cable management clips (10x) to the order today and I also added in a set of lockable casters as I wish to get to my filing cabinet and vacuum under the rig.
    I mean, the P1 rig weighs in at 55kg without gear and I kinda value my back as my family on both sides already has back issues.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If I ever get one I have two ideas
    1. I'd like to somehow put a keyboard tray that slides out from under the wheel mount. I dont really like the idea of the keyboard to the side. Just one of those generic slide out keyboard trays that sits under the wheel mount, barely clears the keys, and can be pulled out.
    2. I'd make some sort of quick release for the entire wheel mount so it can be removed and replaced with a sort of desktop. For those times when you are playing other games that just use keyboard and mouse. Or even perhaps using the pc for some work or something besides driving games.

Haven't really thought through how to do that though...
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    If I have to be honest than I am glad to have chosen a Sim Lab P1 instead. Especially looking at the price of the S1 and its construction and limitations.
    Yea, the current rSeat pricing is insane. They seem to be a victim of their own success. The Evo V3 price was around $550USD. Their current rigs are 2x that.. I love rSeat but I don't know if I would buy one of their rigs today.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    @ keyboard tray under the wheel: forget it...
    if you adjust the wheel etc there is nearly no room to get a keyboad with tray under the wheel (maybe if you like to sit like a elderly dwarf driving to work...).
    i got around 7cm air between my legs and the underside of my wheel holder.
    thats not to much...

@Rseat: they had an wheelstand some time ago when this crazy stuff here began.
    quality was horrible (the dont sell one so maybe because of this) and the prices for the other rigs they offer were around 1500€ or so.
    to expensive for a hobby start with unknown end and then the limitations to build stuff on them (or buy another expensive extensions...)
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Yea, the current rSeat pricing is insane. They seem to be a victim of their own success. The Evo V3 price was around $550USD. Their current rigs are 2x that.. I love rSeat but I don't know if I would buy one of their rigs today.
    Yeah, I paid 370 euro (was 570 euro retail when I bought mine) for the rig and some shipping on top of that (looked it up). This was because of a great friend that wanted to get me sorted out with a proper rig.

At the time I still played on a monitor as there was no VR. Now with VR I could care less about looks as I won't see it anyway, and the rig isn't in the living room.

I must say that the speed of replies of both companies was great.
    That said... I send a mail to Sim Lab to change my order and I did so in Dutch, it is a Dutch company after all. I got a reply back within literally minutes, the reply was in English with an apology that he replied in English and that Richard was busy. Richard usually handles the Dutch side of the business. Although with Google translate and quite a bit of translation prowess of the man himself he quickly guided me in the right direction to sort my order out.
    He could have left me hanging until Richard had the oppertunity to reply, but he went the extra mile and was like a drag racer at that. lol

Nah, quite satisfied with Sim Lab so far. I am sure the service will be great as well if I'd ever need it.

He also informed me it would take about 2 weeks for me to get the new rig, but he hopes it will go a bit quicker.
    If I am racing again by the end of next week I'd be a really happy racer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    @ keyboard tray under the wheel: forget it...
    if you adjust the wheel etc there is nearly no room to get a keyboad with tray under the wheel (maybe if you like to sit like a elderly dwarf driving to work...).
    i got around 7cm air between my legs and the underside of my wheel holder.
    thats not to much...

@Rseat: they had an wheelstand some time ago when this crazy stuff here began.
    quality was horrible (the dont sell one so maybe because of this) and the prices for the other rigs they offer were around 1500€ or so.
    to expensive for a hobby start with unknown end and then the limitations to build stuff on them (or buy another expensive extensions...)
    @Keyboard: I was thinking maybe sliding it in from the side or making something to flip it from behind the wheel over to the front. The latter one would need a moving self balancing tray, which isn't ideal, or you would need to glue the keyboard to the tray or risk having it fall onto your feet/toes.
    In both cases I do think the room between your belly and the wheel might be a bit too tight, especially if you have to go over the steering wheel itself.

@rseat: Fully agree with you. I am already racing for a long time, so I know this is what I want to do. Which makes it a little easier to invest in a hobby.
    I tried other hobbies too. Keyboard playing, guitar and now bass guitar. I even had a time when I tried fishing and bought expensive equipment.
    In fact I never bought the worst equipment now that I think about it. Although I always started out on lesser equipment.
    I just tend to want to vary my hobbies from time to time. Simply because you can burn out your interest if you do only one thing all the time. Or at least I do.

Platform
    PC
    Nice thread and your insights are very informative which have me thinking on pushing the button on a rig replacement especially with DD on the horizon.

Am I right in thinking the p1 is the only one that has independent movement of pedals and wheel as on the others the pedal base seems to be attached to the wheel plare vertical struts

Also what are the advantages between the front mount and deck mount for the wheel

Many thanks if you can help
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Nice thread and your insights are very informative which have me thinking on pushing the button on a rig replacement especially with DD on the horizon.

Am I right in thinking the p1 is the only one that has independent movement of pedals and wheel as on the others the pedal base seems to be attached to the wheel plare vertical struts

Also what are the advantages between the front mount and deck mount for the wheel

Many thanks if you can help
    The P1 is the only one indeed that has its pedal deck move independent from the wheel deck's uprights. Many other rigs from other companies also have either the pedal deck stuck to a support for the wheel deck, which are either the uprights or the maybe the uprights and supports coming from around back. Or they simply have a floating pedal deck like on the RSeat solutions.

Also what is a consideration is the freedom of movement you have with the P1 wheel deck compared to others. Others often rotate around a single hinge point, maybe slight in and out from a fixed angle or have some other limitation.
    With the P1 wheel deck or front mount you can... move the the deck towards or away from you by placing the uprights closer or further away from you, you can change the height to anywhere from between your feet to at 940 mm high counted from the floor (excluding rubber feet or caster height). Last but not least... you can basically set it at any angle. So if you like to play ETS2 with an old 70's/80's truck for example and you want the wheel near horizontal, you could even do that.

So the pedal deck can be moved quite a bit, the wheel deck can be very versatile and the seat is either fixated in place or you can buy the sliders to give you a bit more adjustment there as well.
    Or if you really want to get the funk out (as they say on Youtube's Project Binky) you could also install an electric seat with all the adjustments in the world. If you're a tiny bit handy that is.

About the advantages of deck vs front mount. There are not so much advantages perse, but if you want to install a Bodnar or Mige direct drive on the wheel deck you'll need an angled mounting bracket like below. This bracket could possibly have a little give to it.

Other than that the front mount has just a certain aesthetic to it, while the wheel deck is more versatile as you can basically mount anything to it that you would dream of getting.
    Personally I would go wheel deck instead of front mount if you are either not sure what DD wheel you're going to buy, or if you already know that your next DD will be the Podium wheel.

As for a CSW or Podium on the front mount. It can be done but you will lose the ability to mount something like the Derek Spear button boxes for the CSW, or not be able to mount the Fanatec Static Shifters Paddles (see image below).

Apart from that all. You can basically mount anything to 80/20 or adjust it to your needs, add to it, mount anything to it (wheels, pedals, shifters, handbrakes, button boxes, hanger for your headphones or VR goggles, etc). Of course you can also add tactile transducers or easily add something like DIY motion actuators, like the ones below forum member HoiHman is testing... the SFX 100 DIY actuators.

Of course the P1 chassis is strong enough to handle actuators as seen in the Sim Racing Garage where Berry Roland uses a 4 point D-Box system on his rig. As can be seen demonstrated in the below video at the 32:40 mark. It does this with zero flex according to the man, so it must be very rigid if a floating rig like that doesn't budge at all.

So yeah, the P1 to me is the ultimate rig and I have been looking for a while. I think about 5 years ago now I tried designing my own in Google Sketchup and basically designed the same rig, although I got stuck on the wheel and pedal decks as I didn't want to have to custom make the custom aluminium parts you get with the P1.

I hope I answered your questions and a bit more.
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 02-10-2018 at 22:18.

The following user likes this Post: inthebagbud

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the reply and why why did you mention motion rig......this was on my roadmap in a couple of years but you have shown me how to introduce into a rig that I can use now and upgrade later so now I need to be strong enough to stick with my roadmap ........ like that's going to happen

Downside I notice the motion is a build project , so maybe time to call in the build favours I have from my son

I have already ordered the podium wheel but I have been really good this year and fully deserve the presents Santa will bring me...... now where is my pen and paper to write that letter
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen