Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Project Cars...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    A career update is not going to happen. But isnt driving against other humans THE THING to do?...have not finished a single career race because racing AI is just not for me.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    A career update is not going to happen. But isnt driving against other humans THE THING to do?...have not finished a single career race because racing AI is just not for me.
    Not for you maybe but you'd be surprised of how many play career (only)... Me for instance.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 8 users likes this Post: amazed, beatrunner, chastewand, JasonSandwich, r18etron, Tank621, Thanatos_1970, The_Senser

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    If me and my console could test,I'd be right in and up for it.I think my post count proves I am active enough.
    True but if half your posts are silly remarks like mine are,that doesn't really count...LOL
    The following 3 users likes this Post: amazed, cluck, satco1066

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    i hope there will be only invitations to busy WMD1/2 members and constructive forum members.
    Over 2000 WMD2 members, but only about 100 were actively participating discussions or testing and give feedback.
    ( yes, dear consoleiros, i know, unfortunatelly you could not test )
    So many members wrote their first post some weeks before release , asking " where is my key? ".
    What a shame
    Like OP that is at his 1st post, on a topic that already exist on the dedicated subforum for WMD members....
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, satco1066

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    Tried that. Single player all the way for me- the AI ironically are more realistic than the standard that i would expect in professional racing of some (not all) human players that Ive experienced.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Not for you maybe but you'd be surprised of how many play career (only)... Me for instance.
    Why you not play multi? Just asking. I find it more fun, even when there are some punts while racing.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSS View Post
    Why you not play multi? Just asking. I find it more fun, even when there are some punts while racing.
    Because i'm basically an offline player only...i've been used to it for decades.
    When my generation started gaming (in my case Pong) there was no such thing as online play...so i'm used to playing games on my own.
    I do have a one year PS Plus subscription (which was gifted to me BTW) but until now i haven't dared going online yet...i'm saving it for Wreckfest where i can do no harm when i crash into someone LOL
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gj_ozracer, JasonSandwich, Kriig

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    i hope there will be only invitations to busy WMD1/2 members and constructive forum members.
    Over 2000 WMD2 members, but only about 100 were actively participating discussions or testing and give feedback.
    ( yes, dear consoleiros, i know, unfortunatelly you could not test )
    So many members wrote their first post some weeks before release , asking " where is my key? ".
    What a shame
    I understand the sentiment here but I dislike the idea of invite only a lot because it kind of defeats the point of "Community" Assisted Racing Sim. I kept seeing this idea being touted on the WMD2 forum after leaks which is frustrating when it turns out to be members who have bought in to WMD but contributed nothing. At the same time If you're all going to create a circle jerk with long term or regular forum contributors only then you are going to end up closing WMD off from a lot of the sim community who may be able to contribute new and fresh ideas and who knows the kind of people you might end up shutting out by making it an invite to specific people only kind of deal.

I hope WMD3 if it happens is open to anyone willing to buy in to it just as it was with WMD2... Even maybe invite the few people who contributed to WMD2 a lot and then open it up to others? I just hope more people who are genuinely interested in contributing to future development sign up this time instead of a lot of people looking for some sort of personal gain or people who just wanted access to pCARS2 earlier than others.
    CPU: i7 8086k @ 5.1 GHz | RAM: 16GB 4000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Edition 6GB | OS Win 10 x64

Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW V2.5 | Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport V3i
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CodeCmdr, Mad LL

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I just hope more people who are genuinely interested in contributing to future development sign up this time instead of a lot of people looking for some sort of personal gain or people who just wanted access to pCARS2 earlier than others.
    Which is exactly why it's not a bad idea to make it invite only...with the added suggestion that those invites should go out to "regular" active and contributing forum members as well,not just stick to former WMD members...
    Just my 2 cents...

Edit:Which is exactly what Satco said really...LOL
    Last edited by Konan; 04-10-2018 at 17:59.
    The following user likes this Post: amazed

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Which is exactly why it's not a bad idea to make it invite only...with the added suggestion that those invites should go out to "regular" active and contributing forum members as well,not just stick to former WMD members...
    Just my 2 cents...
    Agreed, and hopefully including also members who are openly critical of several aspects of the game
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, chastewand