Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best/worst specs when choosing a car

Platform
    PC

Best/worst specs when choosing a car

I'm not a huge car buff, however my understanding is that Acceleration is usually more important than Top Speed (since I believe cars rarely reach their top speed in most races).

So hypothetically, If I was choosing a car from The GT4 class, and the Porsche Cayman has a Top Speed of 183 mph, and an acceleration of 4.09 secs - while the KTM X-Bow GT4 has a Top Speed of 165 mph... but an acceleration of 390 secs, would the X-Bow GT4 be a better choice in most races? Thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Not necessarily, it's not as straight forward as that I'm afraid. All the acceleration in the world isn't much good if the car has poor traction out of the box. whether the car is any good on the brakes is also very important. Accelertion is only based of 0 - 60, not what happens between 60 and 165 / 183. Other factors such as horsepower, weight / power weight ratio and driveability all play a role in getting around a track. With the tracks, types of corners, lengths of straights, and whether or not it is a hilly or flat track, smooth or bumpy, will favour one car more than another.

You really just need to drive the cars to see how they perform for you and which is better suited to your style to see how you go with them.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: DECATUR PLAYA, hkraft300, Keena

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the advice on that, just out of curiosity do you have any opinions on best/worst cars in each class, or is their some kind of "tier list" compiled by players?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Black View Post
    Thanks for the advice on that, just out of curiosity do you have any opinions on best/worst cars in each class, or is their some kind of "tier list" compiled by players?

There are have been plenty of discussions on what is the best cars in each class. GT3 has been done exhaustively. It really comes down to player preference.

I don't do a lot of GT4, so I cannot answer your question directly. I know for me, GT3, the acura I like a lot. I've been starting to like the Mclaren again too.

What may be good in a hot lap may not be good in a longer race too. The best thing you can do is practice and find what works best for you.

Platform
    PC
    So hypothetically, If I was choosing a car from The GT4 class, and the Porsche Cayman has a Top Speed of 183 mph, and an acceleration of 4.09 secs - while the KTM X-Bow GT4 has a Top Speed of 165 mph... but an acceleration of 390 secs, would the X-Bow GT4 be a better choice in most races? Thanks.
    It really depends on the series. If the series has a number of tracks with long straights, a car with more overall power will do better. If the series is comprised with mostly smaller and tighter circuits, the lighter car with better acceleration would do better.

If the series are organized well, it will be a balance of both types of tracks so that no single car will have an advantage over the entire series.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    For GT4 the Ginetta is generally seen as the best car, followed by the Porsche.
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    PC
    On PC you can compare the TT times for the different cars in class at the same track to give you a rough idea about how each car performs at that track. Consoles should perform similarly to PC.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1464988033
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm not a huge car buff, however my understanding is that Acceleration is usually more important than Top Speed (since I believe cars rarely reach their top speed in most races).

Best spec to look at is the cars overall weight. The cars overall weight will tell you a lot about how the car is balanced in its class.

Worst spec to look at is the cars top speed. Top speed is relative to the track your racing at and it is also relative to what you know how to do to the car to extract its top speed.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Drivetrain, gearbox, engine location, peak power, prob in that order for me.

Platform
    PC
    GT4 car weights.

KTM 2524
    G55 2535
    G86 2590
    Cayman 2932
    Vantage 3042
    BMW 3075
    Boss 3384
    RTR 3406

A group of us did some testing with the GT4s when the game first game out. The KTM doesn't work, it should work, it is a good car in real life in the US but in the game it is bad. The G86 has a limited power band, so 2 of the lightest cars are horrible. The G55 is possibly best followed by the Cayman and BMW, the Vantage is really good for some people. The Boss has the solid axle and is heavy and the RTR is just too heavy.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Keena, poirqc