Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: OpenWeather [Testing]: A proposal to fix weather issues

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scott View Post
    mine stopped working as well about 2 weeks ago. I reverted the Windows hosts file, pinged the weather provider's site, and it turned out the ip address changed. So basically repeat the entire installation procedure and make sure you get the new ip address.
    That's about when I noticed mine stopped working. Thanks. Hope that's all it is I really miss having the weather just work.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Is there a way to change OWM informations? Their weather forecast is really really too "pessimistic"... I usually get heavy rain conditions even if in the real world it doesn't rain (for example, today at Spa I get rain but on the circuit webcam it is only cloudy)

(OT: Is PC2 using informations like Wind, Pressure and Humidity?)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I guess sorry to bring this up but does this work offline? Ive noticed it works on servers I host no problem. But when I try a custom race offline with real weather it doesnt set it?
    --Edit--
    Nvm I was stupid and had random weather on for qualifying. Seems to be working perfect now.
    My second question is it seems it will grab weather every 3 hours.
    Is there a way to make this hourly either editing the source code and building it yourself? I dont mind if that means I have more api requests as you get a million a month.
    Last edited by HeroPrinny; 17-06-2020 at 19:59.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Nice it is still working. I think it’s not possible because that would need to change the game code more than the proxy code.

Lately I’m using the rotation feature of the LUA dedicated server to have random weather.

For each comunity event, I define 10-20 rotations with same track/car/parameters. The only difference is the weather, so I make 15 dry scenarios, 2 light rain, other 2 rain, and 1 heavy rain, much more realistic than in-game random). Even the weather aceleration could be different in the rotation, so the moment that the weather could change is different.

The only problem is that the rotations are secuential, so you have to make many rotations and insert the rainy rotations randonly in the secuence. One feature I suggested to the Reiza guys (AMS2 uses identical server) is a parameter for the DS to select the rotation randomly instead of secuentialy, to avoid someone tries to get the secuence (logging to the server many times). They look quite sensible to such things, so hope they can solve the random weather of PCARS2.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 18-06-2020 at 07:09.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks, that'll help verify the rain responses. It's hard to know which bits of the payload are actually needed, and whether it's parsed as an XML document or is just scraped - assuming it's the latter, I still need to sort out verbose end tags and element / attribute ordering. Simple stuff but fiddly

Platform
    PC
    I have a question; Just did a Quick Race, Spa 24hr at 15x time over 90 minutes, so 22.5 hours in game time. The java reported wet weather to start off, then 3 hours later go to cloudy and remain cloudy from then on. In the race it did start off rainy but then remained rainy. So, does using Real Weather in a quick race just get the current weather and then it does not change?
    Intel i7-4930K 3.40GHz - 16GB HyperX DDR3 RAM - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro, MSI 1070, Oculus Rift, Sony DualShock 3.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by markypea View Post
    I have a question; Just did a Quick Race, Spa 24hr at 15x time over 90 minutes, so 22.5 hours in game time. The java reported wet weather to start off, then 3 hours later go to cloudy and remain cloudy from then on. In the race it did start off rainy but then remained rainy. So, does using Real Weather in a quick race just get the current weather and then it does not change?
    Suposedly it should change but I don't know if it would happen after 4 hours or after 15 minutes. Sadly we don't know how that funcionality was designed in game and if it works the same in quick race.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Platform
    PC
    wow, I'd completely forgotten about this, amazed to see it still works

If anything needs altering or fixing give me a yell and I'll see if I can remember how to code

[edit] to answer the question about accelerating time, IIRC the weather data given to the game only really works when you don't accelerate time - if the weather data says "rain for 2 hours then dry" that's 2 actual hours, not 2 in-game hours (so you'd have to be playing for 2 hours regardless of the time acceleration setting before it stopped raining). It's a but rubbish really but it's the game, not the app or the weather data that's doing this
    Last edited by mr_belowski; 26-10-2020 at 15:35.
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Ah, that's a shame. I guess that as the app gives the weather in three hour blocks that I would need to do a race of three hours or more to see a weather change. Still I like that fact that it gets the right temperatures etc. Seems like SMS missed a trick there though. Thanks for the app, and the repies.
    Intel i7-4930K 3.40GHz - 16GB HyperX DDR3 RAM - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro, MSI 1070, Oculus Rift, Sony DualShock 3.