Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Difficulty Multipliers - Let's help each other

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Cool Career Difficulty Multipliers - Let's help each other

I'm not trying to make this another "the career difficulty varies from series to series" thread, where we complain about how the difficulty is so inconsistent. I think there are already a few of those.

What I'm trying to do is to come up with a difficulty baseline for those of us who play career mode.
    Let me explain...

We can use the Ginetta Jr. as the baseline for example. So if you had to set the Ginetta Jr. series difficulty to 100 for example, what difficulty did you set for the other series you have done?
    We don't care so much about the actual difficulty number, but to find the difficulty difference between series, in the form of a multiplier.

Here is an example (these are made up numbers, and not the actual difficulty I use):
    - Ginetta Jr = 100
    - Clio Cup = 95
    - Formula Renault 3.5 = 85
    - LMP3 = 105

So the multipliers would be these:
    - Ginetta Jr = 1
    - Clio Cup = 0.95
    - Formula Renault 3.5 = 0.85
    - LMP3 = 1.05

Why do we care about these numbers do you ask? Well, it helps us and those new to career mode to have a baseline as far as difficulty, instead of wasting time trying to find one that works for us.
    So for example, someone who just completed the Ginetta Jr. series at 80 difficulty, can go ahead and set the Formula Renault 3.5 at 68 difficulty (80 * 0.85) and expect a similar challenge.

So what I am asking from you, is to list the career series you have played, and what difficulties you used to maintain a consistent challenge.
    The more people we get these data from, the more accurate we can make the multipliers.

I will update this post with the average multiplier we get for each series.

Let's help each other to make career mode more enjoyable!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, Keena, lawfulharbor218, Maskmagog

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think another thing to note is how much as a player you improved throughout the career, as it could have been you improved so you upped the difficulty not that the series was easier.

Also, remember everyone has different stronger and weaker car classes
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    I think another thing to note is how much as a player you improved throughout the career, as it could have been you improved so you upped the difficulty not that the series was easier.

Also, remember everyone has different stronger and weaker car classes
    True, those are valid points. It won't be perfect, but the idea is to at least have a baseline, a number to start from. Instead of wasting time trying multiple difficulties for the next series, we can just use the multiplier, try that difficulty, and (hopefully) either that one works, or is not too far from it.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I started the career some time ago at 100/100 in order to establish a baseline experience. Let me explain this point a little as its significant, as is the 100 difficulty..
    Above 100 the ai gets a horsepower boost. This can introduce irregularities depending on track characteristics compared to the human player. Ai will be faste relative to the performance potential of a human players carr on tracks that need hp compared to tracks where it is less advantageous.

With this in mind, at 100%, it is easier to determibe ai pace relative to the human and vice versa, with some level of consistency.

So far- rookie, ginetta juniors, ginetta, formula c- as you go through career, have all been consistent in terms of timings relative to me. Formula Renault not so much.

Fyi the formulas i list that were consistent were all in the region of within a second a lap slower than me, so for exampke rookie was about .3 to .6 a lap slower without extreme pushing.
    Formula Renault was 2.5 to 3.5 slower.

Hope that helps.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    I started the career some time ago at 100/100 in order to establish a baseline experience. Let me explain this point a little as its significant, as is the 100 difficulty..
    Above 100 the ai gets a horsepower boost. This can introduce irregularities depending on track characteristics compared to the human player. Ai will be faste relative to the performance potential of a human players carr on tracks that need hp compared to tracks where it is less advantageous.

With this in mind, at 100%, it is easier to determibe ai pace relative to the human and vice versa, with some level of consistency.

So far- rookie, ginetta juniors, ginetta, formula c- as you go through career, have all been consistent in terms of timings relative to me. Formula Renault not so much.

Fyi the formulas i list that were consistent were all in the region of within a second a lap slower than me, so for exampke rookie was about .3 to .6 a lap slower without extreme pushing.
    Formula Renault was 2.5 to 3.5 slower.

Hope that helps.
    So in your case, Formual Rookie, Ginetta Jr., Ginetta, and Formula C have all been consistent at the 100% difficulty?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah. Unbelievable i know. Theres tracks i suck at where im slow and im discounting weather which is a seperate issue. Also theres some corners which obviously need work (turn 1 snetterton ai very slow in ginettas). On balance the ai pace was consistent through those formulas.

Thete were cases where i was initially about 6 secs off the pace. Because of the desire to not shy away from 100%, i approached it with a pretty determined mentality. Really stood back and started from scratch with setup, track knowledge, everything. Even down to pedal sensitivities to mimic throttle mapping. Lo and behold i found the six seconds. After that i swore to not adjust the difficulty if i was too slow. F Renault im too fast by 2-3 seconds which is just a bit too hard to believe given their consistency up to that point..

The biggest factors on my pace were ffb settings and fov. Also audio. Together these maximised the sensory input for me so that i was able to extract more. So my audio is very specific as is my ffb and it gives great sense data.
    Last edited by Keena; 10-10-2018 at 15:51.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Interesting. I actually played all those series a long time ago, so I honestly don't remember what difficulty I used. But recently...

- I played the RX Lites Regional series @ 85% difficulty and it gave me a decent challenge (I won the series)
    - Then I did the LMP3 series @ 85% as well, so they were both consistent.
    - After that, I jumped to the Touring Car Masters Euro series, and I am now struggling at 60% (about 1-2 seconds off the pace, about 4-5 seconds if I leave it at 85%)

That's a pretty big difference right there. I would be curious to know if you find the TC Masters Euro series consistent in difficulty with the other series you have done.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, those lower tiers have improved a lot recently.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    @chrisff87 Ill have a go in a custom race shortly- do you know if custom race is reliable for the purposes we are discussing? Perhaps if you do a custom race too to compare ai times in career v custom race..

Have you got a car that youd like me to try and a circuit?
    Last edited by Keena; 10-10-2018 at 16:01.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    @chrisff87 Ill have a go in a custom race shortly- do you know if custom race is reliable for the purposes we are discussing? Perhaps if you do a custom race too to compare ai times in career v custom race..

Have you got a car that youd like me to try and a circuit?
    I'm not sure if single race difficulty is consistent with career difficulty, I only play career really. All tracks in the TC Masters Euro series were pretty much the same for me, where I found myself off the pace by a few seconds even with a lower difficulty. The car I used was the Open Astra TCR.