Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Career Difficulty Multipliers - Let's help each other

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Hmm, something odd going on. I downloaded my own ghost and loaded the setup, and it wasn't what I was driving yesterday. I hit 6th rev limiter not even halfway down the straight where yesterday it was just as I was braking for turn 1. Very odd..
    Anyway, I thought I'd have a go with the default except for the brake bias and its very stable. Im not sure theres something strange going on with my setups. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe do a clean install..
    I've experienced weirdness with gearing at least a half-dozen times, without rhyme or reason. The UI and the way it saves gearing changes is just broken in special cases I can't really decipher or consistently replicate. You will make changes and save them, get out on the track, have a great WTF moment, come back and the gearing is just crazy wrong and not what you saved. I've never seen it mess up across sessions like you describe, exactly.
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    No theyre too slow lol. 3.5 secs a lap too slow at snetterton. I think they really struggle with turn 1- i saw a few with the back end wriggling away. For that class the wr is currently me so I just dont buy it that they are that slow. Im normally about 1.5 ish off the wr times without going mental at it, and the ai are right with me on the earlier series. Ill wait and see- its probably just snetterton.
    Re the Mclaren- its so communicative with the grip. You can really put it where you want it. Its a joy. Its quite wide though- at Oulton Park I crashed into the hay bales a few times because i underestimated how wide it is.
    Goid luck with the league. The formula rookie is quite good fun although i tend to rag the engine to bits! If its bumpy it bounces all over the place too unless you mess with the dampers
    Thanks, I think I will enjoy the Formula Rookie part. The GT3 part of the championship not so much I think, after a lot of practice I become again more or less competitive with them, but still I just don't like how they drive.

I see what you mean about Formula Renault, I did a test and I could easily keep up with them, especially in the straights, even being unfamiliar with the cars. Maybe the AI are not using DRS?
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Maybe the AI are not using DRS?
    I've wondered this as well. I don't think I ever used it myself in that series, but that was months ago.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I used it but its not good for 3 secs a lap. Might be a deeper issue..