Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Difficulty Multipliers - Let's help each other

Keena
    I i just had a go at byrno with the bmw 320 rear wheel drive. 20 mins into practice this is how it was looking for me (again at 100/100).

What tracks are in the series? Ill have a go at some. Times like in the screenshot below will aide us in checking custom race v series pace for ai.

By the way Sunscreen is my alter ego The beemer is very good fun- You need finesse on the power and steering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181010_172408.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	261136
    Last edited by Keena; 10-10-2018 at 16:32.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The ones I remember are Red Bull Ring, NÜRBURGRING + NORDSCHLEIFE combined, and Imola. But try to use the Opel Astra if you can.

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisff87 View Post
    The ones I remember are Red Bull Ring, NÜRBURGRING + NORDSCHLEIFE combined, and Imola. But try to use the Opel Astra if you can.
    Wilco. Stannd by..

Keena
    Is the opel astra a dlc? I cant see it in the vehicle select menu?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Yeah. Unbelievable i know. Theres tracks i suck at where im slow and im discounting weather which is a seperate issue. Also theres some corners which obviously need work (turn 1 snetterton ai very slow in ginettas). On balance the ai pace was consistent through those formulas.

Thete were cases where i was initially about 6 secs off the pace. Because of the desire to not shy away from 100%, i approached it with a pretty determined mentality. Really stood back and started from scratch with setup, track knowledge, everything. Even down to pedal sensitivities to mimic throttle mapping. Lo and behold i found the six seconds. After that i swore to not adjust the difficulty if i was too slow. F Renault im too fast by 2-3 seconds which is just a bit too hard to believe given their consistency up to that point..

The biggest factors on my pace were ffb settings and fov. Also audio. Together these maximised the sensory input for me so that i was able to extract more. So my audio is very specific as is my ffb and it gives great sense data.
    This is why im stuck on the formula C. Because the A.I. in the earlier stages are consistent until I reached silverstone in the fog and they're just ripping me to pieces. Roughly 2 months since I havent touched my career. I dont look to finish 1st all the time but just to finish respectfully without incident. Default difficulty in career BTW.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.

Keena
    Hmm, i dont remember that one. Might have to redo career mode again! Which silverstone was it- in fact have you still got it saved? We can compare ai times with a custom race my end. I just need the date and then i can set up a foggy custom race..

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Is the opel astra a dlc? I cant see it in the vehicle select menu?
    Yeah.Motorsport Car Pack.Came with Season Pass.

Keena
    Ahh, I don't have that. Nevertheless, if you run the practice session in your career game we can compare the ai times..

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisff87 View Post
    Just did a quick run in the beemer again at redbullring. Sector 1 Im with the AI, sector 2 Im 2 seconds down, and sector 3 its .5 of a second down. I know where Im losing time (in the sweeping corners- the tyres are not gripping and the rear is not getting power down) so I'll see if I cant sort out that 2.5 second loss. I'll keep you posted. Might not be till tomorrow though. Setup is all over the place.. so that's going to take some dialling in.
    Last edited by Keena; 10-10-2018 at 18:51.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ahh, I don't have that. Nevertheless, if you run the practice session in your career game we can compare the ai times..
    That's a good point, I'll set the AI to 100% in my career and post the AI times. I'll get destroyed, but at least we can compare to see if AI times are consistent between career and single race.
    The following user likes this Post: