Thread: Braking changes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Braking changes

This has probably been discussed exhaustively, but I have noticed a change in braking responses over the last two months or so. I set up some cars a while back and was getting consistent lap times and those have changed. I can't put my finger on exactly when it happened, so I can't relate it it an update. But has anyone else noticed any differences?
    For example, I have a set up for the Porsche GT3RS at Monza which I have raced offline countless times. Early in the summer I was down to a reasonable (for me) time. Currently, running the same set up in the same conditions, I am at least 1.5 seconds slower. Admittedly, I was racing Monza a lot in the GT3 before and have been doing so less. But I have tried to compensate for that in the last couple of weeks by going back to Monza and racing more. I can't get close to the times I was doing before. Not even on a single lap, let alone average times. I notice also that I have to brake earlier and that the brakes lack "bite". It's not as noticeable in other cars and at other tracks, but I have had to tweak the brakes on several set ups over the last few months to get more power. Is this the result of any patch or upgrade? Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Tyres have been tweaked with every patch. IIRC it was said that with latest patch 7 tyres felt a little more grippy. Don´t know any details of the changes, maybe they lead to changing your brake points a little? No better idea here.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah ive been able to move brake balance back on every car i know well, and so increase master pressure. Fronts were locking up till i did that so give it a try.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Super, thanks. Yes, I have generally moved the balance back and hiked the brake pressure. I've noticed as well, though, that I get less grip through the fast corners - especially at Monza. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    Super, thanks. Yes, I have generally moved the balance back and hiked the brake pressure. I've noticed as well, though, that I get less grip through the fast corners - especially at Monza. Anyway, thanks for the tips.
    Ive noticed as well just in the last 24 hours that camber will generate a ton of grip through fast corners where previously it was a marginal gain. I got in the habit of looking at camber more as a tyre temp tool, but my suggestion is crank it up within the tolerance of a 10 degree C split between inner and outer band of the tyre tread. Let us know how how get on if you try it It might lengthen your braking zone a bit so its a balance..