Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iíve Had it With These VR Freezes!

Platform
    PC

Angry Iíve Had it With These VR Freezes!

It’s getting beyond a joke now.
    It doesn’t matter if I’m running low settings or high, wether I’m super sampling or not. I can’t drive 10 or so minutes without the dammed game freezing temporarily or permanently.

I’ve tried old an new drivers, deleting the Oculus and graphics config files or whatever, it still keeps happening.
    The game I (try to) play the most, is the only one with this issue. It’s beyond annoying.
    Twitter: GregzVR
    i7-7700K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition.

Platform
    PC
    No freezes here. It works like a sharm. Perhaps you could take a look at the sticky VR topic.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I get occasional freezes, but its not VR related... If a big incident occurs on track, then there can be a 1-2s freeze, but that happens on a monitor too. Its annoying when it does, but I race in clean lobbies so its not too often. That aside, currently my game runs as smooth as butter, in VR and in 4k with VR using low/med and 4k at pretty much Ultra settings.

Haven't had a permanent freeze since a few patches ago, after qualifying when the AI took over... but that's long gone and was the only instance of it.

Edit: Is it happening in MP or Solo or both?
    Also, make a note of when it happens, then check the replace and see what's going on elsewhere at that point... it could well be the an incident somewhere on track that's causing it, in which case there's not much you can do but hope SMS find/fix the cause of it.
    Last edited by FxUK; 11-10-2018 at 16:20.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
    Itís getting beyond a joke now.
    It doesnít matter if Iím running low settings or high, wether Iím super sampling or not. I canít drive 10 or so minutes without the dammed game freezing temporarily or permanently.

Iíve tried old an new drivers, deleting the Oculus and graphics config files or whatever, it still keeps happening.
    The game I (try to) play the most, is the only one with this issue. Itís beyond annoying.
    I had this issue and discovered it was my hard drive. I had it installed to a removable drive which im guessing was either slow or crap. I changed its install to my other drive and it worked perfectly.

Also, try your anti virus, that might be causing the issue.
    Steam: Francis013 / GPU: GTX 1080 / CPU: i7 6700k 4.5ghz / RAM: 16 GB / VR: Rift / Wheel: G29

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have a similar very frustrating problem , online when I am in quali with full grid of 20 plus cars it runs smooth as anything .

But as soon as race starts I get lots of stuttering throughout whole race especially into braking zones and tight corners and It does not matter if I am tight in pack or out on my own its same every time so
    so so annoying

I am running with rift on pc with 8700k and a 1080 gpu
    Last edited by pcs420; 11-10-2018 at 17:30. Reason: more info

Kart Driver
    Pretty much this game in VR is more demanding of your hardware than anything in history. There are just too many factors involved that trial and error might take much of your time. Honestly it's probably time to reload Windows and start from scratch to see if any progress can be made.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm running lower-end equipment and my Oculus works well with PC/PC2. I am running the game from an SSD though.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
    It’s getting beyond a joke now.
    It doesn’t matter if I’m running low settings or high, wether I’m super sampling or not. I can’t drive 10 or so minutes without the dammed game freezing temporarily or permanently.

I’ve tried old an new drivers, deleting the Oculus and graphics config files or whatever, it still keeps happening.
    The game I (try to) play the most, is the only one with this issue. It’s beyond annoying.
    I tried pC2 last night (similar spec PC) comparing to ACC and using latest driver now and still got a solid 90 fps at night and storms . Nurburg / Lamborghini GT3 .
    Running off a HDD .
    Still running these settings
    Last edited by BigDad; 12-10-2018 at 11:23.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I’ve reset the NCP 3D settings back to default(Preffer Maximum Performance set to on), and things seem to be more stable.
    I’ll keep monitoring it.

Thanks all.
    Twitter: GregzVR
    i7-7700K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition.

Platform
    PC
    It might be totally unrelated to the probs you are having but I noticed my VR wasn't as smooth as normal the other night and when I looked into it realised it was only running at 80FPS. I'd force ASW 45 mode on and it was fine - all smooth again. Put ASW on 90FPS mode or switch it off - 80FPS and an unpleasant motion. Checked all sorts of things and it turned out to be the launch command I had in:

-fpsmax 91.5

I'd set this back when the game came out as at the time it helped VR run smoother (not sure why) and I'd not touched it since. I have no idea what triggered the issue but took that switch out and the game was back at 90FPS and butter smooth again.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals