Thread: [XB1] Formula Renault 3.5 Looking to start a Championship

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

[XB1] Formula Renault 3.5 Looking to start a Championship

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here although have been watching it for a while. I've finally taken the online plunge after driving offline for practically my entire life except when I was in actual race cars. I've been getting my feet wet online and so far, all is pretty much as I expected. Good fun although finding willing participants isn't always guaranteed by just setting up a lobby.

My ultimate goal is to set up an online Championship racing the Formula Renault 3.5 but for now just some good, kind of pre planned races would be great. No aids, real damage and wear and you'll need your own car setup. Practice and Qualifying and I'll try and set up the weather close to the actual location. As close to real as you can get with a sim. To this end I'm going to host a bunch of online races to see what's out there. Hopefully I'll find 10-20 likeminded XBox1 drivers out there and then in a perfect world somewhere down the line we could even create a private Championship to compete in.

If you're interested, I'm going to continue the experiment by setting up a series of 10-15 lap races with 15 minute practice and qualifying sessions at various circuits most days between 19:00 - 23:00 UTC. I'll likely just use this post to advertise upcoming events. I look forward to seeing what's out there even if it means I'm setting myself up for a major humbling .

Tomorrow ( Sat 13 Oct ) I'll set up a lobby for 15 cars at 19:00 UTC to race 10 laps at Elkhart Lake. Hope to see you there,
    k

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well, we had a fun race today. Got 8 entrants. Raced wheel to wheel clean with a couple of VERY good drivers early who I hope very much to see again. Especially since I overcooked an apex with two laps to go and threw away my shot at the win. I'm going to go practice and get ready for another.

Tomorrow ( Sun 14 Oct ) I'll set up a lobby for 15 cars at 19:00 UTC to race 10 laps at Silverstone GP Circuit. Hope to see you there,
    k

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Another good one. 4 finishers all on the lead lap and top 3 on the same straight for the whole race. Also as per the OP we're getting repeat entrants as well. If you like competitive open wheel racing, next event will be 12 Laps, Tuesday 16 Oct at Hockenheim. 21:00 UTC.

No driving aids, Full Damage, Cockpit view only, Manual clutch and gears and manual pits with all penalties. The real deal. F1100 or higher licence required.

Hope to see you Tuesday,
    k
    Last edited by knightracing727; Yesterday at 22:23.