Thread: Forza Horizon 4 with wheel?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Question Forza Horizon 4 with wheel?

Hi guys, has anyone been playing FH4 with a wheel and can tell me if it makes a big difference over playing with a pad?

As you can probably guess from my location I really want to play FH4, but as you can also see my console of choice is a bit of a problem!

I'm going to try and buy a 2nd hand Xbox along with a copy of the game but if someone could let me know if you think it's worth playing with a wheel or if a controller is just as much fun with this sort of game that would be great.

I currently have a T300 but may consider finding a used G920 for the Xbox. I've also seen you can buy a converter which would save me having to buy a new wheel. I don't suppose anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    I play all racegames with a wheel.....except Forza Horizon 4. It plays very well with a controller because the game is more aimed at the casual gamer who does not have a wheel.
    The following user likes this Post: proterra1

Quote Originally Posted by proterra1 View Post
    Hi guys, has anyone been playing FH4 with a wheel and can tell me if it makes a big difference over playing with a pad?

As you can probably guess from my location I really want to play FH4, but as you can also see my console of choice is a bit of a problem!

I'm going to try and buy a 2nd hand Xbox along with a copy of the game but if someone could let me know if you think it's worth playing with a wheel or if a controller is just as much fun with this sort of game that would be great.

I currently have a T300 but may consider finding a used G920 for the Xbox. I've also seen you can buy a converter which would save me having to buy a new wheel. I don't suppose anyone has had any experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!
    If you have a half decent PC, try using that... just make sure it doesn't have an old Creative Audigy 4 sound card if you want sound from more than just the cut scenes.. (the minimum requirements are actually quite modest)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: proterra1

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by proterra1 View Post

Thanks!
    It's definitely the better of the series to play with a wheel. I've tried it with both the pad and the wheel and I prefer the wheel generally. In performance mode at 60 frames it feels surprisingly tight and intuitive, but, ultimately, it's still arcadey. The answer to your question depends on what you want from the game. A wheel wont suddenly vault an arcade racer over the wall into sim territory. My two bobs worth; everything is more fun with a wheel but try to limit your expectations

Btw, auld reekie looks utterly fabulous! It's remarkable actually. Round that corner onto Princess St... I spent a bit of time driving around video game approximations of where people I know live. It's fun!
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.