Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY XBOX One hacked keyboard interface, button box, custom wheels etc

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I may have had the same issue with the pots moving but everything seems to calibrate ok on PC and Xbox. The clutch and throttle I really like now, they feel much more realistic. The jury is out on the brake at the moment. I have not had the chance to play much recently due to flu so I have not got used to the brake enough and seem to lock up in some games. RaceRoom on the PC is the most noticeable. My BBJ Green Conical Mod split and so I have had to fit a new one, so new Conical Mod and spring is taking some getting used too. I am very tempted to try one of the Load Cell Mods, but read so many comments where people have gone back to the conical mod. I would like a 10kg Load Cell Mod for the T3PA Pro's but noone seems to do one.
    The following user likes this Post: RobPhoboS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by couchflyer View Post
    petemac110 is your interface still working? How do you like it?
    Yes, it has been flawless and I thoroughly enjoy using both the custom wheel with the lovely Ascher Racing paddle shifters, and the button box, via the hacked interface.

Platform
    PC
    I hadn't done anything yet really regarding the springs but I did get a couple of shifter mods from 3drap.it (very good !).
    I was looking again at just getting the kit from Mardomedia but their site is down for maintenance.
    Anyway, if you type in thrustmaster t3pa pro damping, you'll see on ebay/amazon some quite nifty addons for each pedal (at a cost!), did anyone here try them yet ?
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
    I hadn't done anything yet really regarding the springs but I did get a couple of shifter mods from 3drap.it (very good !).
    I was looking again at just getting the kit from Mardomedia but their site is down for maintenance.
    Anyway, if you type in thrustmaster t3pa pro damping, you'll see on ebay/amazon some quite nifty addons for each pedal (at a cost!), did anyone here try them yet ?
    I can definitely recommend the Mardomedia springs, I know they are expensive for what they are but they do make a tremendous difference. I really like the feel of the throttle and clutch, much heavier and more realistic. The brake was great also, but I am currently using the Ricmotech Load Cell Mod. I like the feel of the Load Cell once you hit it, but the spring is way too soft when compared to the upgraded clutch and throttle. If anyone can advise on an upgraded spring for the Ricmotech Mod (size, spring rate and where I can get one from) it would be much appreciated. I did contact Ricmotech directly but there weren't able to offer much help in this respect.

Those dampers look good, but I couldn't justify spending 3 x $95 on top of what I have already spent, already exceeded the price of a set of Fanatec V3's. I am hoping the Thrustmaster will bring out an official Load Cell kit or set of pedals before to long - something to rival the price point of the Fanatic V3's or v3 Inverted, maybe with some sort of partnership with Sparco with some Sparco Pedals.
    The following user likes this Post: RobPhoboS

Platform
    PC
    Great to know, I thought the same thing about the price of those bits. A shame but perhaps if you really want one pedal in particular to have a better feel, it could be a good option.
    I've been thinking about another base but I said to myself there's no point unless it's DD, and it looks like it's only Fanatec that offer one for the xbox.