Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [XB1] Knight Racing Leagues - Official Thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

[XB1] Knight Racing Leagues - Official Thread

This is the official thread and information source for the Knight Racing Leagues - Created to host realistic, clean and competitive Racing on XBox. Come and join us.
    Knight Racing League races are full length races with realistic rules for the class of cars being raced. All drivers, regardless of experience and level are welcome to join the fun.
    If you're sick of 3 lap demolition derbys and want to race with a group of hand picked, like minded racers, PM me or message me on XBox (gamertag knightracing727)
    This post is continuously updated with new information as it becomes available. Check it often!

Fall and Winter Race Schedule Announced. Sign Up Now!!

Friday Night Shootouts Start 26 July
    Can't commit to a Championship Series? Come and race Friday nights with Knight Racing.
    12 Car Grid, Open Lobby, D1200 License, Realistic Rules for Class of Car.
    15 Min Qualifying 20 Minute Races - All Races Live Streamed on mixer
    4pm Eastern, 9pm in the UK

26 July GTE/GT3 Watkins Glen GP Circuit
    Upcoming Events
    Willow Springs International
    Long Beach
    Laguna Seca
    Sonoma GP
    Brands Hatch GP
    Silverstone International

To read the full Member email for the Fall and Winter Schedule, please see the attached text file.

See Post #2 for Championship Series race information.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1546646

See Post #6 for instructions to properly set up your Xbox for online racing. These steps should eliminate most if not all of your disconnects during race sessions.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1553124

24 Hours of Le Mans Sim announced. Submit your team today. See this post!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1572688

See you all at the circuit.
    knightracing727

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by knightracing727; 19-07-2019 at 00:05.
    XB1 X Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition, Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On for Formula Racing, RSDash, Home made Single Seater Monocoque.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Current Championship Series
    All race replays will be streamed on mixer.
    PM me or message me on XBox (gamertag knightracing727) if you would like to participate

Audi R8 LMP9 / GTE Championship
    Wednesdays - 2 Races per month 4pm Eastern, 9pm in the UK
    12 Car Grid ( 7 Max in a class ) - Private Lobby - Best 10 races count towards Championship. 15 Min Q, 45 Min Races
    Cockpit View Not Enforced, Driving Line Off, Full Damage, Manual Pitstops, Tyre Wear Authentic, Fuel Authentic, Realistic Aids, Rolling Start
    Weather - Realistic to forecast on the day

Schedule
    Spring
    Silverstone GP - 4 September
    Snetterton - 18 September
    Spa Francorchamps - TBA October
    Summer
    Circuit de la Sarthe - TBA October
    Barcelona GP - TBA November
    Hockenheim Classic - TBA November
    Nurburgring GP - TBA December
    Monza - Oval + GP Mix- TBA December
    Brno - TBA January
    Dubai GP- TBA January
    Autumn
    Zhuhai - TBA February
    Circuit of the Americas GP - TBA February
    Road America - TBA March
    Daytona Road Course - TBA March

Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2
    12 Car Grid - Private Lobby - Best 10 races count towards Championship. 15 Min Q, 25 Lap Races
    Saturdays - 2 races per month 1pm Eastern, 6pm in the UK
    Cockpit View Enforced, Driving Line Off, Full Damage, Manual Pitstops, Tyre Wear Authentic, Fuel Authentic, Realistic Aids, Standing Start, Mandatory Pitstop.

Schedule
    Spring
    Donington GP- 7 September
    Zolder - 28 September
    Le Mans Bugatti - TBA October
    Summer
    Azure Circuit - TBA October
    Algarve - TBA November
    Hockenheim GP - TBA November
    Austria Red Bull GP - TBA December
    Monza GP - TBA December
    Imola - TBA January
    Dubai International- TBA January
    Autumn
    Sakkito GP -TBA February
    Long Beach - TBA February
    Watkins Glen GP- TBA March
    Indy Road Circuit - TBA March

24 Hours of Le Mans Sim announced. Submit your team today. See this post!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1572688

This post is continuously updated with new information as it becomes available. Check it often!

See you all at the circuit
    knightracing727
    Last edited by knightracing727; 18-07-2019 at 14:50.
    XB1 X Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition, Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On for Formula Racing, RSDash, Home made Single Seater Monocoque.
    The following user likes this Post: proapexmotorsports

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi Knight,i'm an italian virtual racer.I'm very interested about your champs!!Update me for more informations.I'm in!!!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: knightracing727, Stewy32

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    rred 5 signing up for racing
    The following user likes this Post: knightracing727

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by knightracing727 View Post
    The league is now almost full. I will be running Private Lobby test races to try and fill the final 4 open spots.

Wednesday 5 Dec 19:00UTC ( 7pm in the UK ) 10 Laps at Silverstone

Wednesday 5 Dec 00:00UTC ( 7pm Eastern in North America ) 10 Laps at Silverstone

Contact me if you would like an invite to these races.

knightracing727
    Congrats on getting such a large grid!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    How to set up your Xbox for stable online racing.

Basic Rock Bottom Specs

1- Connect your Xbox to your router with an ethernet cable. This is Non-Negotiable. Wireless is not stable enough for online racing and you will get disconnected often from lobbies of 6 or more cars. I don't care how good you say or think your connection is.

2-Go to the setting menu of your Xbox. Choose Network/Network settings. It should say Wired, IPv4, NAT Type:Open, All services are available.
    IPv6 does not work well for online gaming.

3-Then from that same page choose "Detailed Network Statistics" and your Xbox will check your connection. Make sure your Packet loss is 0% and your latency is under 120 ms. It will also tell you how fast your download and upload speeds are. Most modern connections are fine for PCars2 which uses less than 2 Mbps even in full lobbies.

Before you Boot PCars2 and go online to race

It is important to make sure that you always quit PCars2 before shutting down your Xbox. Do not just shut down your console with the program still running. This can cause corrupt config files and mess up your cache. To quit PCars2 properly press the X button on your wheel or controller, select PCars2 and press the menu button. From the menu select Quit.

If you are having issues and need to clear your cache.

4- Hard Boot your Xbox by pressing and holding the "X" button on the front of the console until it powers down. Unplug the console from the power outlet for 1 minute. This will clear all your network cache.

5- Reboot your router while your Xbox is shut down. When your router is back up and running, you can plug in and start your Xbox. This will give you the most stable network connection possible with your hardware.

Recommended - Write QoS Rules for your Router. This might be the most important step
    The biggest problem I had when starting to race online was even though I have a wired 100Mbps up and down connection, I was using the stock router that my ISP included with my internet service. The problem with these basic routers is that they treat all internet traffic equally and you may be in the middle of a 2 hour, 12 car race but if somebody wants to stream a video or check their email on their phone somewhere in the house, those packets get the same priority as your PCars2 session. If something lags somewhere, your latency can spike momentarily and you can be disconnected from the lobby.

I solved 99% of my disconnects by writing QoS (quality of service) rules for my router. You may be able to do this with your existing router but I couldn't with the router my ISP gave me so I purchased a basic gaming router ( less than $100 ). By logging into this router, I set QoS rules so that my Xbox gets the highest priority for internet traffic before anything else in my house. Whatever my XBox wants, it gets and everything else in the house has to wait in line. Even though you have more than enough bandwidth, it's the momentary lags from other internet traffic on your network that disconnects you in the middle of a race. Setting QoS rules eliminates this. Coupled with rebooting and clearing my network cache before racing, these were the biggest factors that help prevent me from being disconnected from sessions.

I hope this helps. I run realistic long race weekends and it's always sad to see someone get disconnected 40 minutes into a race. Most of these are unnecessary and preventable.

Happy Racing,
    knightracing727
    Last edited by knightracing727; 24-06-2019 at 16:14.

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Oh well, that's me out! I'm loitering around the A1400 mark. Unless I go in some GT3 lobbies for a while to build my score up... But where's the fun in that?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    For you B1400 No one should have to race GT3. Eewww,

kni
    The following user likes this Post: TeeMan1975

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    See post #2
    Last edited by knightracing727; 28-04-2019 at 22:07.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This post is no longer relevant.

knightracing727
    Last edited by knightracing727; 05-04-2019 at 13:54.