Thread: Fuel usage for timed sessions

Platform
    XBOX1

Fuel usage for timed sessions

Hey guys,

I was doing a race this morning at Catalunya National Circuit , ( 25 min session ). When i was qualifying, i noticed i had a lot of extra fuel that wouldn't be necessary for the amount of time i set the race length to. So i restarted the session lowered the quantity of fuel to i think 20 L .. I'm not home at the moment so i cant give an exact amount.

Anyways to make a long story short i resulted in running out of fuel, hoping that 20L would been enough, I had about 3 mins left to go.

I know that if take the amount of fuel used per lap and multiply that by the length of the circuit to get a figure for a set number of laps.

But how would i go about figuring out the amount for a Timed session. I have the RS Dash app to get fuel usage info per lap and I'm thinking i will need the amount of fuel per lap, length and session length to get amount of fuel I'm looking to run with.

sorry in advance for my ignorance, I'm a terrible math person .
    System: Xbox One
    Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX w/ default pedals

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's exactly the problem real race strategists calculate throughout a race. Basically trying to calculate how much fuel to load based on the remaining race time so the car finishes with zero litres at the end. Good luck

Platform
    PC
    liters/lap / sec/lap = liters/sec

liters/sec * sec/race = liters/race
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well I think I have the answer I’m looking for. I don’t know how I didn’t notice this when looking at the app data before. There is a usage per min along with per lap. So all I’m gonna have to do is take the amount per used per minute and multiply that for my session length. If I take 0.91 L x 25 mins I get 22.75 L
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B49D288C-68BC-4CED-8306-0E6908390BF2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	261507

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    You estimate how many laps you'd complete in the time frame and multiply that by how much fuel you use per lap. Just in case, give yourself an extra lap worth of fuel in case the timer runs out soon after your last lap starts.

Laguna Seca for 20 minutes (1200 seconds) in GTE. Let's say your pace is an average of 1:23.000 (83 seconds). That estimate gives you 14.45 laps in the race. You can round that to 15 laps. Multiply that 15 with your average fuel consumption per lap.

Platform
    PS4
    I use a Lap/Fuel Calculator as I'm very math challenged myself. Just plug in the details and click "CALCULATE".
    Allows you do do calculations by Time or Laps whichever. I usually add 1-2 laps as a buffer just in case but it gives a fairly decent estimate. Here in case you need it.

This is the one I use most as I find it gives better estimates:
    https://www.simsport-racing.com/race_calc

This is another one:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2k8/edit#gid=0
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTyme214 View Post
    You estimate how many laps you'd complete in the time frame and multiply that by how much fuel you use per lap. Just in case, give yourself an extra lap worth of fuel in case the timer runs out soon after your last lap starts.

Laguna Seca for 20 minutes (1200 seconds) in GTE. Let's say your pace is an average of 1:23.000 (83 seconds). That estimate gives you 14.45 laps in the race. You can round that to 15 laps. Multiply that 15 with your average fuel consumption per lap.

I had estimated the amount of laps I thought I would complete but I was wrong hence why I said I ran out of fuel