Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 2018

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    What bad things have you experienced?

It's been many iterations since I've messed with them, but I always thought they did a pretty decent job of making an accessible racer without overly dumbing them down.
    F1 2010: handling is OK at best, scripted car spin-outs.
    F1 2012: car understeers on every turn, engine cuts off if you go off-track, custom championship removed.
    F1 2014: basically a re-skinned F1 2013 without classic content, crappy handling, low resolution mirrors.
    F1 2016: input lag, blurry graphics, floaty handling.

Odd year games aren't perfect by any means but in my experience they're better and more fun to play than even year ones. All F1 games have the same issues though, inconsistent AI, AI that leaves the pit the exact moment I'm starting my flying lap and blocks me in qualifying, generic setups, etc.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    No he doesn't. His premise is that you are required to finish 3rd or higher to "progress". If all you want to do is run the same series over and over (i.e. F1/Formula A), you don't need to finish 3rd or higher to just continue to do season after season.
    Okay, let me refrase that: I turned his non point into an idea I liked. Make the 3rd variable so you can run much higher difficulty while still being able to progress. It's not like only the top 3 ever get into higher classes. For various reasons including sponsors, own money, or scouts seeing you had bad luck that held you back.

It keeps races fun too, because tuning the diff level to be able to reach third mostly is samish to you being able to win and running in the same boring pack of three at the front or even far in front. Some people just dont like that kind of racing and for me it kind of spoils the fun of career. So I prefer single races where I battle midfield to career. I could battle mn'idfield in career, but that would basically be a be groundhog day career.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    I love F1, but in my experience F1 games in even numbered years are all crap (it seems like even numbered games are made by one team and odd numbered games are made by another team so that CM can maintain yearly releases) so I'll most likely skip this one.
    You are right. There was a lot of crap around F1. Good F1 games are 2002, 99-02, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Okay, let me refrase that: I turned his non point into an idea I liked. Make the 3rd variable so you can run much higher difficulty while still being able to progress. It's not like only the top 3 ever get into higher classes. For various reasons including sponsors, own money, or scouts seeing you had bad luck that held you back.

It keeps races fun too, because tuning the diff level to be able to reach third mostly is samish to you being able to win and running in the same boring pack of three at the front or even far in front. Some people just dont like that kind of racing and for me it kind of spoils the fun of career. So I prefer single races where I battle midfield to career. I could battle mn'idfield in career, but that would basically be a be groundhog day career.
    Or better yet, have an option to have to finish the championship fastest of your car, instead of third overall(in class). That way you can specifically chose a car not up to winning, still have the appropriate difficulty level for your skills, and still run mid or even backfield. And it's realistic to boot. That way you can chose(f.i.) the Nissan GT1 or M3 without lowering the difficulty level to be able to finish the top 3 in a car that really shouldn't be able to.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    F1 2018 is the only Codemaster F1 game that i havent got because it dosent have VR but i hear it is a great game i will get it on sale for sure .
    What does F1 in VR feel like - is it any good? Been meaning to try it

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugattiisnumber1 View Post
    as pborion wrote: it doesn't have VR
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1809 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )

Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Hey FANBOYS! I constantly drive Assetto Corsa, ACC, rFactor2, R3E and Project CARS 2. I like them all. Don't tell me THINGS!
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugattiisnumber1 View Post
    if you have Assetto Corsa just get the F1 218 hybrid mod you can even remove the halo if you want .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    F1 2018 is free to play from now until this Friday on Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/737800/F1_2018/

Platform
    PC
    Do try it out. Awesome game and is actually a great simulator, better than some really pushed out ones out there lol.

Better than AC paid mods for sure lol
    Trying to make simracing cool
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    just got it on sale i like it ! got rid of the halo middle post for a better view . no VR no buyish ...
    Last edited by bporion; 16-03-2019 at 19:59.
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .