Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk about GT1's.

Platform
    PC
    I think the homologation rules were for a minimum of 2 road going examples......

I remember the R390GT1 got stung in '97 as it didnt have a permanent boot. The scrutineers at Le Mans didnt like the fact Nissan basically put an expandable bag where the boot should be. That's why the short tailed R390 did so poorly in '97. As the engineers had to fudge the rad's and tubes round a new rigid boot space. Car's overheated and all retired.
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by balderz002 View Post
    I think the homologation rules were for a minimum of 2 road going examples......

I remember the R390GT1 got stung in '97 as it didnt have a permanent boot. The scrutineers at Le Mans didnt like the fact Nissan basically put an expandable bag where the boot should be. That's why the short tailed R390 did so poorly in '97. As the engineers had to fudge the rad's and tubes round a new rigid boot space. Car's overheated and all retired.
    Yeah they were fast for a couple of laps though. I remember the R390GT from the RaceDriver Grid game. I didn't really care for it though, looked odd to me. I have problems driving the 98 GT1, it takes forever to get on the boost and when it does I am always surprised. It seems down on power because of such a narrow power band, no grunt.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PS4
    I always feel like I haven't driven the GT1s enough. They're great fun whenever I drive them, whatever I drive.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Stewy32

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    GT1 was a great concept, but imo Porsche ruined it.
    they could never build a road car to compete with Mclaren, so they took to the rule book and built a race car. MB, toyota etc then followed.

The incredible grids of F40's, Mclarens, Elise and Esprits, some yank stuff died in favour of what was little less than Group C.
    Seeing the fastest road cars on track was amazing. Seeing some of the ugliest race cars ever bounce around lapping road cars wasnt so interesting.

This then roles into PC2. Fire up online, jump in an f50 or F1GTR... and find all the quick boys have picked the toyata or merc. Back to GT3.

PC2 needs to allow admins which cars to include and exclude. GT1 is like many other classes ruined by 1 or 2 cars.
    driving rig: 6700k at 4.5ghz | ASRock K6 Z170 | 1080ti at 2025mhz | Samsung 950 pro 256, sandisk ultra 480 | Gskill 16gb 3000mhz | GT Omega Pro, Cobra imola seat | Fanatec v2.5 base, Elite LC pedals, Shifter | Oculus Rift2
    PC2: E300VKB
    Real: Seat Leon Cupra 280 @ 360ish bhp.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It would be very complex allowing and disallowing cars from lobbies, so for console users sake I think that it is good not to have it in.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I think it's an option worth having since BoP would take some classes way out of reality.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I admit that the GT1 are quite difficult to drive. Because of that, I do not like them too well that there are some great cars in this class. I do not know if it comes from the game itself or from me.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by r200ti View Post
    This then roles into PC2. Fire up online, jump in an f50 or F1GTR... and find all the quick boys have picked the toyata or merc. Back to GT3.

PC2 needs to allow admins which cars to include and exclude. GT1 is like many other classes ruined by 1 or 2 cars.
    I think in the average public lobby or league race all of the GT1 cars are competitive. Its when you're in high level leagues or some alien comes along in a Merc or Toyota that they become impossible to beat. But against someone that fast, what car they choose only takes your chances of winning from a 1/10 to a 1.1/10.

Disallowing chosen cars in an MP lobby is a great idea.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_Cheddar View Post
    However I did find an affinity for the Panoz GTR after learning more about the man himself.
    I was quite disappointed to find out the 'Don' in 'Don Panoz' was a shortening of his first name (Donald) rather than because he was a Mafia boss with a taste for endurance racing.

Anyway, as you were.