Thread: Global Endurance Trophy - LMP1 Performance Issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry Global Endurance Trophy - LMP1 Performance Issues

Hi all,
    playing the Global Endurance Trophy, driving the LMP1 Audi. These are 30 minute races. I qualified in 1st. I am on the 2nd race (COTA) and noticed with both races that the car starts sliding like it's on ice after about 10-15 minutes driving. I can literally only drive with half-throttle when exiting corners or otherwise the rear just steps out uncontrollably. This makes me so slow that I get passed by all other LMP1 cars inside a few laps.

First I thought the tires are probably just gone (even though they show green with little tire wear) so I pit but the problem occurs again about 10-15 minutes later. I also noticed that none of the AI drivers pit, they drive the entire 30 minute race just fine. Because of pitting, I end up last in the LMP1 class, just barely!

Am I missing something here? If none of the other drivers pit, then shouldn't my tires also last the entire 30 minutes (assuming it's the tires, which I am not convinced of). Is there another reason why the car suddenly behaves that way?

What can I do to have a reliably performing car for the entire 30 minutes?

any input appreciated!
    D

XBONE S

Platform
    PS4
    Why are you convinced it's not your tires?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by darreln View Post
    Hi all,
    playing the Global Endurance Trophy, driving the LMP1 Audi. These are 30 minute races. I qualified in 1st. I am on the 2nd race (COTA) and noticed with both races that the car starts sliding like it's on ice after about 10-15 minutes driving. I can literally only drive with half-throttle when exiting corners or otherwise the rear just steps out uncontrollably. This makes me so slow that I get passed by all other LMP1 cars inside a few laps.

First I thought the tires are probably just gone (even though they show green with little tire wear) so I pit but the problem occurs again about 10-15 minutes later. I also noticed that none of the AI drivers pit, they drive the entire 30 minute race just fine. Because of pitting, I end up last in the LMP1 class, just barely!

Am I missing something here? If none of the other drivers pit, then shouldn't my tires also last the entire 30 minutes (assuming it's the tires, which I am not convinced of). Is there another reason why the car suddenly behaves that way?

What can I do to have a reliably performing car for the entire 30 minutes?

any input appreciated!
    D

XBONE S
    Casey's tire pressure guide. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Tyre-Pressures

You still need to select the correct tires.
    COTA is a relatively warm track, ambient and track temperature.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 07-13-12-54.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	261637
    The Default selects Soft tires, fine for qualifying but the description you made exactly describes a Soft tire going away after many laps. Try the Hard tires if you haven't already.
    Default.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 07-13-49-01.jpg 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	261638
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, nissan4ever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Why are you convinced it's not your tires?
    Not convinced, just judging by the visuals of the tire wear and color indicator. Actually, I went in to settings and changed the "tire wear" option from authentic to 'off' as a test, and I was able to complete the 30 min. race just fine. So, you are right, despite the tire indicators showing all 'green', it does appear that my tires are hosed after about 15 minutes. Still don't understand why the AI drivers make it through the entire 30 minutes without a stop tho...this makes it impossible for me to get close to winning this race!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Casey's tire pressure guide. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Tyre-Pressures

You still need to select the correct tires.
    COTA is a relatively warm track, ambient and track temperature.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 07-13-12-54.jpg 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	261637
    The Default selects Soft tires, fine for qualifying but the description you made exactly describes a Soft tire going away after many laps. Try the Hard tires if you haven't already.
    Default.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 07-13-49-01.jpg 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	261638

thank you for the reply, good point. I did start the race with Hard Tires, because I expected the softs to never last that long...should the tire indicators not show tire wear? It did not seem they were very worn..and the color changed from green (over time) to a turquoise color, not sure what that indicates?

Platform
    PC
    thank you for the reply, good point. I did start the race with Hard Tires, because I expected the softs to never last that long...should the tire indicators not show tire wear? It did not seem they were very worn..and the color changed from green (over time) to a turquoise color, not sure what that indicates?
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know you had tire wear on. I use the telemetry HUD and they will only show the tires Green area gradually reducing but even though the color would be Green there still would be less grip. Not sure if the LMP1 A.I. have the exact tire model though, their Physics model is different. When the GTEs got their new tires in the 5.0 patch I did notice I could easily beat them(at Silverstone National) and I was thinking they didn't get the new vastly improved tires. Maybe you could check your damage settings as well. You can have choices on Mechanical/Damage such as performance impacting and this will blow engines and I think will also cause performance losses for tires so you can go full/performance impacting/visual only and off on these with yes/no on mechanical. Apologies for not being helpful.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 11-41-06-45.jpg 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	261641

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 11-42-26-89.jpg 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	261642
    On this HUD I can't tell anything about tires so I switch back and for to the telemetry HUD.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-10-31 11-43-42-90.jpg 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	261643

Oops, sorry, did you happen to notice what your tire pressures were when you started losing grip?
    Last edited by blinkngone; 31-10-2018 at 16:19.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Here is an example of when you are in trouble with tire wear. Still running fast according to my engineer though.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-19 15-16-14-78.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	261644

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Here is an example of when you are in trouble with tire wear. Still running fast according to my engineer though.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-19 15-16-14-78.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	261644
    Ha, totally, now THAT's a good visual indicator that your tire's about to give out
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    PC
    It sounds like either tire pressure or overheating. But very hard to tell without seeing what is actually happening or your telemetry data when it occurs.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Not convinced, just judging by the visuals of the tire wear and color indicator.
    If you haven't yet gathered: there are more parameters to control tire performance than just looking at colours on the hud.
    Check out the tire pressure guide, adjust your pressures (and brake temperature!) to control tire pressure.
    Soft and hard tires can be "green" on the hud, but >100c they're well losing performance.

Welcome, you're looking straight down the rabbit hole of tuning.

Ps don't compare AI tire performance to your own, but generally your tires should last a bit longer than theirs. More info required! Screenshot of race start and mid race telemetry would be great.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?