Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Cars 2 - How is it now?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm like you, I play with a controller. With all the options available in the game (driving aids possible, gamepad's parameters, level IA ...), you will find a way to have fun for sure. Go, you will not regret it especially at this price ...

Platform
    PC
    @Tonny91 If you enjoyed the demo, you will enjoy the game. There is a lot in that game to enjoy and discover. Don’t make the mistake many do, don’t take it too seriously on the simulation side. This game, like all the other “simulator” out there fail one way or the other, but if you are ready to play along, they also can be quite immersive and satisfying.
    There is many hours of entertainment to be had from PCars2 for very little money.
    Last edited by Cote Dazur; 03-11-2018 at 12:34.
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Do you want me to be honest with you? Don't buy the game until they allow to kick out people from lobbys again. Other than the rammers the game is really really good, and if you're only going to play single player it is one of the best sims out there. The online experience is completely ruined by rammers and no one is able to do anything other than search another lobby, which soon will be joined by another rammer...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Off line is great fun, so much depth. The cars feel alive. Multiplayer is a waste of time for a lot of us due to disconnects. Every time I build up my rating, it comes tumbling down again due to disconnects.
    Last edited by Cladandadum; 03-11-2018 at 14:21.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CodeCmdr, HockeyNick30

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    The game is great now. The demo you played was quite a big step up from when it released and its only got better since. If people bought the game and hated it on release i would urge them to retry it now. It really is night and day.

The bad for me is the sound id say 90% of the game sounds meh and forwhatever reason the bottom end has been took out and replaced with overboosted mids and highs. Jumping from PCARS to 2 the 2nd game took a big step back sound wise. Career is bland and still no custom championships.

The good....its great fun. Its the best "racing" game ive ever played (it took its time to get there but it got there) the DLC cars are great especially the Ferrari DLC which just seems to have the extra polish and better physics (an argument for a more focussed line up imo) The best tracklist in any console racer. 24hour cycle. Basically its all good bar those couple of bad points in all honesty.

If you can afford a cheap wheel one of the logitechs g27 2nd hand maybe or g29 or t300 it will improve your experience massively.
    Agree completely with these points. Definitely grab a wheel for PC2, because using a regular gamepad on a racing game cheapens the experience IMO. One of the things that drew me to Project Cars 2 before release was the weather variations (who doesn't really want to whip a rallycar around a snowy turn once in a while??!!) The day/night cycles are second to none, and if you drive without the primary aids finishing at the sharp end of the standings really feels like an accomplishment with the difficulty set up properly.

I'm still on the Xbox One S, but the folks on PC or the X seemingly have had zero performance issues 8 or so patches in now.

*Edit: Don't let me forget LiveTrack 3.0! This feature truly makes each lap around a track feel a bit different with the potential for dynamic puddles setting in the apex of some of the turns...keeps you on your toes!
    Last edited by HockeyNick30; 03-11-2018 at 15:19.
    Xbox One
    Logitech G920

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    PC2 is the only racing game offering me real driving sensation. I love it so much. Big improvments have been done since day one with all patches released. I play it every day.

Andre
    The following 2 users likes this Post: RacingAtHome, rocho

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, online experience can be frustrating at times due to the skill/rating system affected by disconnects and immature players. You can't take away from it's jump in and play nature it has over other sims. If you're not into a point system then it wouldn't matter and you will have fun online. Assetto Corsa comes close, then again the base content is limited and depending on the servers you're locked to a car and track which makes it seem bland compared to Project Cars 2 "freedom to race whatever whenever". Other sims it's just a headache to get going online.

The way the game is now and the base content it has to offer, you can't go wrong with your racing fix being satisfied. If you want it all, the DLC's IMO are very reasonably priced. However, I'm still waiting for SMS to separate the season pass content it has locked for $30. I bought all the other DLC's as it came out, feels like a bad purchase just to get some more cars.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.