Thread: Penalties for full lobby - I won :(

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Penalties for full lobby - I won :(

A bizarre twist of events last night racing Spa in an open GT3 lobby.

In the last lap of a seven lap race all players were given 30 - 45 second penalties all at once (except myself and one other racer).
    There were apprx 10 players in the lobby. Because of this I finished last and was credited with winning. Not the way I wanted to win a race.

The race started with a few punts. I was victim and got back up in the mix around lap 4. At this point only a couple racers had 1 sec penalties. By this point there were only 8 racers in race. I was over driving and ended up back in 7th. A few turns into the final lap I look u and I see 30 sec and 40 second penalties filling the relative. I kept driving then I got an off track slow down (I was too busy looking at the penalties instead of racing). I slowed to a crawl to serve my penalty, but it would not go away. The poor driver in 8 came behind and had a hard time getting around me as I served my penalty (sorry about that). No matter what I did I could not get the slowdown to disappear. By this time I was in last place at Blanchimont. I looked up and the penalties were going up and up for the drivers who finished ahead of me and I had a 1 second penalty. I limped across the line and somehow was awarded first place.

At the beginning of the race I had a green and yellow connection with all racers except one. With this person I had a red ping. This one person that had the red ping was in fact the driver who passed me on the last lap while I was serving my penalty. They were lagging pretty bad, jumping forward and backwards in track position as they passed me. I can't remember if the person with red ping was the host or not.

Has this ever happened to one or some of you?
    I find it hard to believe that 7 other drivers were cutting the course on the last lap to warrant this amount penalties. Something seems fishy.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Heave never seen anything like that in more than 1000 online races. Most probably a one time thing, maybe the race got completely desynched due to bad pings and all hell broke loose...

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A slight guess, if the other player was winning, parked on the track and stopped, and all the others went off-track to avoid hitting them, then they would all have got 30s penalties for gaining a position off-track.

Platform
    PC
    maybe all got a drive through but this was disabled. Then at the end of the race they were presented the bills
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    A slight guess, if the other player was winning, parked on the track and stopped, and all the others went off-track to avoid hitting them, then they would all have got 30s penalties for gaining a position off-track.
    I thought about that too.
    Seems plausible.
    Wish I would have saved the replay- then I could've seen what happened.
    I was also thinking that the person with the red ping had messed up the cpu clock (even if it was on xbox and not pc). But your theory sounds a lot more simple and plausible.
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32