Thread: Video: Max Verstappen scares his dad (from 2015)

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Video: Max Verstappen scares his dad (from 2015)

Maybe you've seen this already, as it's from 2015, but if not: watch it. Max drives a lap around Spa in a Renault RS01, with his father Jos as passenger.
    Look at Max eyes: so calm and totally focused. Then look at Jos eyes
    If you don't know, Jos Verstappen was an F1 driver too, for about 10 years.

Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 54, Xbox One X since Aug -18, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, bporion, breyzipp, Killso2

Platform
    PC
    I like when Jos looks around the cockpit checking the roll cage , lol and 1:23 Max is about to fall asleep !
    And this is the first time Max drove his dad but this time around Monaco
    Last edited by BigDad; 06-11-2018 at 11:27.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    Yea, most race drivers cannot be in the passenger seat. They can't take not being in control. I'm the chief instructor for NASA (NASA Pro Racing, not the space organization) Central Region and I've had one or two race drivers instruct for me to help out when we are short. Most of them say they'll never do it again. They just can't be in that passenger seat.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Yea, most race drivers cannot be in the passenger seat. They can't take not being in control. I'm the chief instructor for NASA (NASA Pro Racing, not the space organization) Central Region and I've had one or two race drivers instruct for me to help out when we are short. Most of them say they'll never do it again. They just can't be in that passenger seat.
    I think it is the case for most men who were driving all their life. With little to hold on and not being able to anticipate the movement of the car because you aren't handling the controls yourself is scary.

I know I can scare my father as well when I drive a bit faster.
    On the other hand when I do the same with my mother she seems used to it for some reasons.

So I am starting to wonder if women (who are generally more often than not the passenger) are more used to letting things unfold and placing trust in the driver, than in contrast those men who have been in the driver seat all their lives.
    What do you think?
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I think it is the case for most men who were driving all their life. With little to hold on and not being able to anticipate the movement of the car because you aren't handling the controls yourself is scary.
    I wouldn't say men in general. Out of my 35 instructors, I only have one female.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post

I know I can scare my father as well when I drive a bit faster.
    On the other hand when I do the same with my mother she seems used to it for some reasons.

So I am starting to wonder if women (who are generally more often than not the passenger) are more used to letting things unfold and placing trust in the driver, than in contrast those men who have been in the driver seat all their lives.
    What do you think?
    This when my wife offers to drive , lol
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZmolZCnX8

What it's like to be an instructor...

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Maskmagog

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZmolZCnX8

What it's like to be an instructor...
    I have the opposite thing happen to me when I enter a car with automatic gearbox. My right foot automatically goes for the first pedal by muscle memory and depresses it fully.
    The first time braking is always the worst with me, and yes even with sim racing I still do it... although I do it only once when I get in the car. Lmao

(mind Europe has mostly manual transmission cars as opposed to the states)
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)