Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You guys can't talk about realistic physics and drive the Megane TC w/ default setups

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Might have been...Brands Hatch GP, race started with ~22 drivers?
    Ah no, I joined just afterwards, Dubai, same # of players.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    Bit of a silly presumption...
    Even If he can answer all of those in fine mechanical detail, it doesn't mean the physics of the car in question are correct as far as accuracy. Much like the Clio is largely regarded as not the most accurate physics wise, as confirmed by those who've actually raced them.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    I would if I could mate, but it's just from various random reading/watching videos over 'x' months without paying it too much attention. Nick Hamilton 'may' have been an obvious one.

Edit: I was pretty sure I'd come across Nick Hamilton later being quoted as mentioning the physics after his initial comments.
    .. how convenient.

This is how "physics reality" rumors spread.

It doesn't take a genius to just watch a few youtube videos of actual races and it all looks pretty accurate to me. Keep in mind that you can still tune that car quite a bit even with the limited stuff for tweaking.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 3 users likes this Post: E_Luckow, hkraft300, Urban Chaos 2.0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The fwd physics is fine imo, i wouldnt say its just like the real thing - it is flawed. However it does mimic what a track setup FWD car does

Its an understandable assumption to think its OTT given what a fast road FWD is like to drive (i.e dead safe) but a race setup is another world. Ill never forget the words 'just watch it on cold tyres'. yeh... the times that went through my head while i was sat facing the wrong way.
    driving rig: 6700k at 4.5ghz | ASRock K6 Z170 | 1080ti at 2025mhz | Samsung 950 pro 256, sandisk ultra 480 | Gskill 16gb 3000mhz | GT Omega Pro, Cobra imola seat | Fanatec v2.5 base, Elite LC pedals, Shifter | Oculus Rift2
    PC2: E300VKB
    Real: Seat Leon Cupra 280 @ 360ish bhp.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by r200ti View Post
    The fwd physics is fine imo, i wouldnt say its just like the real thing - it is flawed. However it does mimic what a track setup FWD car does

Its an understandable assumption to think its OTT given what a fast road FWD is like to drive (i.e dead safe) but a race setup is another world. Ill never forget the words 'just watch it on cold tyres'. yeh... the times that went through my head while i was sat facing the wrong way.
    This thing was a stable grocery-getter in stock form, but it was a different animal when prepped for STF. (Street-Touring FWD) It was fun to drive, but it could get a bit tail-happy when trail-braking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2179.jpg  

IMG_2181.jpg  

Last edited by Twinz; 11-11-2018 at 03:08.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by r200ti View Post

I'm curious to know in which way you think it's flawed. I disagree, just so you know...

Platform
    PC
    .. and I disagree that a fast road FWD is dead safe. You can get into an awful lot of trouble in some of the latest FWD road warriors from various companies. Luckily I don't have personal experience in this but a relative of mine unfortunately has.

EDIT: hahaha.. similar situation to what my relative experienced. Just a quick let-go of the throttle (though his was a much more severe sideways thing):

.. happens at around 0:35 of the video. Typical situation, lots of throttle which results in massive understeer. Panic throttle-off which in turn results in oversteer. Granted, it's raining in the video.
    Last edited by bmanic; 11-11-2018 at 17:50.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The EP3 Civic was known for being rather tail happy for a FWD car.

The camera position could be a bit better, can barely make out the road.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    I thought it was dependent on the rpms between gears. I mean, if you are in high rpm on gear 5 and change down, you'll get high engine braking. If you're in lower rpm on gear 5 and change down, you'll get low engine braking.
    It can be both:

1) If you downshift without using the clutch, the inertia of the engine's rotation must be overcome as you depress the clutch. This will require a lot of force through the driveline.

2) Once the clutch is fully engaged, the amount of engine braking torque is affected by the gear ratio, just like it is during acceleration.

During acceleration, your engine generates torque. This torque is multiplied by the ratio of the selected gear, plus the final drive. Deceleration is no different. With the throttle closed, the engine generated a fixed amount of resistance. This resistance is also multiplied by the transmission and final drive.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, MaximusN, Sampo

Platform
    PC
    I just reread what I wrote and I don't know what I even meant with it. It was not what I was thinking, anyway...
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP