Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd lobby behaviour, please explain if you can

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Odd lobby behaviour, please explain if you can

So I host quite a few online lobbies. Any afternoon and/or evening I can. I've met and raced a ton of excellent drivers but I've noticed a very strange thing that happens every single lobby. People will join the lobby, pick a livery and then disconnect. More than half of the players who join will do this. I can't think of a logical reason why.

They can't be surprised that they are the first to join. The events page says 1/12 or whatever.

I've tried waiting for people to say they're ready before starting because I thought maybe they were disconnecting because they didn't want to sit in a lobby for an undetermined amount of time.
    So then I started to run the event when I get one player knowing more will join an active race but more than 60% of the time that person disconnects after a minute and I'm left with an empty race that I have to exit out of and start all over.

I understand accidentally hitting join on the wrong race and having to get out quick but more than half of the people out there aren't doing that every single race. I really don't get it. Please explain if you can.

kni
    Last edited by knightracing727; 08-11-2018 at 19:28.
    XBOX1 Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition, RSDash, Home made Single Seater Monocoque.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Some people join to see the details of the lobby settings, what your rating is etc. and then leave, deciding they don't want to compete.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by knightracing727 View Post
    So I host quite a few online lobbies. Any afternoon and/or evening I can. I've met and raced a ton of excellent drivers but I've noticed a very strange thing that happens every single lobby. People will join the lobby, pick a livery and then disconnect. More than half of the players who join will do this. I can't think of a logical reason why.

They can't be surprised that they are the first to join. The events page says 1/12 or whatever.

I've tried waiting for people to say they're ready before starting because I thought maybe they were disconnecting because they didn't want to sit in a lobby for an undetermined amount of time.
    So then I started to run the event when I get one player knowing more will join an active race but more than 60% of the time that person disconnects after a minute and I'm left with an empty race that I have to exit out of and start all over.

I understand accidentally hitting join on the wrong race and having to get out quick but more than half of the people out there aren't doing that every single race. I really don't get it. Please explain if you can.

kni
    It might be a connection issue on their end as well. One of my friends that I race with something similar happens. When I invite him to the lobby. He can join the lobby. Then gets kicked when I start it. If he invites me, it works fine. My network configuration is setup properly and I usually have great success with online racing in this game. He has a plug and play setup, never tweaked network settings etc.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    i do this quite often. on the lobby screen you can only see the "main settings" (car class and so on). but only after entering in the lobby you see the important stuff like "arcade vs. real-settings" (damage, fuelusage and so on). or when only one car of a class can be used, that i don't like.

what kind of settings do you usually set when you realise people are instantly leaving after they joined? damage on? mechanical failures on? fuel usage on? penalties on? .....and so on and so on.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I sometimes wonder about this too.
    It could be that they have not checked out all the settings you have chosen before joining and then seeing that ‘driving aids’ are not on or something decide to leave.
    Another reason is, if they join and see that you have done a qualifying lap that is far to quick for them they leave as some racers are only interested in ‘winning’ not ‘racing’ [notice how half the field leave during a race when they find they can’t keep up]
    Sometime when I host a race I leave my best qualifying lap till just before the end of qualifying and only a lap time that gets me on the front row of the grid so as not to encourage the slower ones to leave before the race.
    Last edited by racesafegrandad; 09-11-2018 at 09:58.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    oh and to ad to this: sometimes the lobby-screen shows "6 min left for qualy", but after entering that lobby it's not possible to "join" the qualy, because the time left was shown wrong. and then there's nothing anybody can do but leave again - or wait until one can spectate the race (which i never do).

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    i do this quite often. on the lobby screen you can only see the "main settings" (car class and so on). but only after entering in the lobby you see the important stuff like "arcade vs. real-settings" (damage, fuelusage and so on). or when only one car of a class can be used, that i don't like.
    On my G29 wheel using the right paddle brings up all that information before joining. [not sure what button to press on the controller?]
    The following user likes this Post: wesker6664

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by racesafegrandad View Post
    On my G29 wheel using the right paddle brings up all that information before joining. [not sure what button to press on the controller?]
    maybe i misunterstood the whole discussion? when i was refering to "the lobby screen" i mean the main screen where you can see all the availablte p2p/server-sessions. there i can't see any of the "detailinfos" about realismsettings and so on. only after joining a lobby we on PC can see the rest of the infos, before we actually enter the practice/qualy/race...

don't know about the PS4/XBOX lobbies as i never used PC2 on anything other then PC

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    maybe i misunterstood the whole discussion? when i was refering to "the lobby screen" i mean the main screen where you can see all the availablte p2p/server-sessions. there i can't see any of the "detailinfos" about realismsettings and so on. only after joining a lobby we on PC can see the rest of the infos, before we actually enter the practice/qualy/race...

don't know about the PS4/XBOX lobbies as i never used PC2 on anything other then PC
    On console at least, their is an option to press a button to bring up more info.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by racesafegrandad View Post
    By that time, you have already "joined" the lobby, at least the message "user xxx joined" has been already shown to the players racing/qualifying. If you exit that screen, the players again get the message "user xxx disconnected", even though you were only in the first screen only.