Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield V

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Someone screams for a medic... grabs medkit... goes off in a new direction past the guy. lol
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    A dead medic from a dumb revive attempt isn't helping anybody, that's what I like to tell myself as I save my own butt.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Someone screams for a medic... grabs medkit... goes off in a new direction past the guy. lol
    I was obviously getting shot at as I ran to the second guy (really wanted to go revive him). And that was not grabbing a med kit but using one, to stay alive. Whoever shot at me is a noob though since I was wide in the open and it took ages to find cover (next to the tank traps), so he could have easily killed me since I did not see him yet. After getting cover behind that rock to protect from whoever shot at me, suddenly I saw Mr. Smoke....
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    By the way Konan, since I know you like the BFV War Stories... if you have a chance to pick up BFV during holiday sales (the game is currently 50% off on some stores), that Last Tiger War story was released Wednesday with the Tides of War chapter one and people on the Reddit BFV seem to be absolutely happy with it, calling it one of their best singleplayer gameplay ever. In that War Story you play a German Tiger I tank commander who is questioning his loyalties during the end of WW2. Its supposed to be fully narrated in German and very immersive. I have not played it myself yet (neither one of the War stories to be honest) since I’m still focusing on PVP mostly.

I’m not saying it’s worth the price (even the discounted one) for the 4 singleplayer War stories alone, but can be worth finding some spoiler free reviews on YouTube.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    By the way Konan, since I know you like the BFV War Stories... if you have a chance to pick up BFV during holiday sales (the game is currently 50% off on some stores), that Last Tiger War story was released Wednesday with the Tides of War chapter one and people on the Reddit BFV seem to be absolutely happy with it, calling it one of their best singleplayer gameplay ever. In that War Story you play a German Tiger I tank commander who is questioning his loyalties during the end of WW2. Its supposed to be fully narrated in German and very immersive. I have not played it myself yet (neither one of the War stories to be honest) since I’m still focusing on PVP mostly.

I’m not saying it’s worth the price (even the discounted one) for the 4 singleplayer War stories alone, but can be worth finding some spoiler free reviews on YouTube.
    Tiger commander...you had me with those two words alone lol
    Will have to think about picking it up,either on sale or by trading in some games i have laying around

Edit: just looked it up (without clicking on any videos) and the walk through says 58mins.So That means even longer doing it without help...liking it more and more...
    Last edited by Konan; 07-12-2018 at 11:54.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    No. Not even close. Is it perfect? No, but what games are now days. It's in a very playable state for a new release.

I'm finding myself losing interest though and I can't put my finger on why. I'm just not starting up the game and doing other things instead with the free time.
    The maps are truly awful, Just about everyone of them is vast open spaces. The slow heavy feeling and great gunplay from the Beta has all but vanished and is just yet another extremely fast twitch fest. The speed these soldiers are able to run at would leave Usain Bolt trailing in their wake. Im trading mine today for Battlegrounds. Yet another sub par game from Dice when was the last good game they actually made?
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I was obviously getting shot at as I ran to the second guy (really wanted to go revive him). And that was not grabbing a med kit but using one, to stay alive. Whoever shot at me is a noob though since I was wide in the open and it took ages to find cover (next to the tank traps), so he could have easily killed me since I did not see him yet. After getting cover behind that rock to protect from whoever shot at me, suddenly I saw Mr. Smoke....
    It could have been me that shot at you since I am horrible with shooters, especially the more fast paced they are, alas I don't own a copy of the game.

I did try the beta though.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    The maps are truly awful, Just about everyone of them is vast open spaces. The slow heavy feeling and great gunplay from the Beta has all but vanished and is just yet another extremely fast twitch fest. The speed these soldiers are able to run at would leave Usain Bolt trailing in their wake. Im trading mine today for Battlegrounds. Yet another sub par game from Dice when was the last good game they actually made?
    BF1! I don’t know about the launch status since I only started playing it this summer, but that game including its 4 DLC packs is an absolutely great game IMO. If you would ask me a list of the 5 best and most complete games I have on my XBox right now, it would be in that list.

BFV has clearly a lower production cost than BF1, all those nice animated maps, voice overs and cut scene intros (for operations) are now replaced by some dull white text on black background for “grand” operations. The codex entries that gave some great historical background are no more. Etc etc. That is my main dislike of the game so far.

It felt very empty at launch as well but this will improve over time. We already got an extra map and some extra guns and I like what they are doing with these Tides of War chapters.

As far as the maps go, I ran a poll to ask about maps on Reddit and I as surprised how diversified the opinion of the community is on this subject. What is the most favourite map of 1 player is at the bottom of the list for another player. The so called pro YouTube Battlefield players all seem to praise the BFV maps compared to previous entries, albeit 8 maps not being much. My taste of the maps differs a lot as well and changes over time. At first I didn’t like Devastation at all, but that map is starting to grow on me. Same for Hamada, I wasn’t too found of that map initially but it’s growing on me. Rotterdam on the other hand starts to bore me more and more. Fjell is still my number one favourite map and I know for a lot of players in the community it’s their least favourite one. Yes the maps feels very COD with the chokepoints and without the tanks but I still like it, it makes it unique within Battlefield. The newly released Panzerstorm map is great as well. It feels very realistic being so wide open and I already had some memorable moments on it. I hope we get more modes on this map instead of only conquest.

Never played Battlegrounds as I’m not really a Star Wars fan but I liked the visuals of that game last year. I might pick this up for sub-10 EUR at some point just for the singleplayer.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    BF1! I donít know about the launch status since I only started playing it this summer, but that game including its 4 DLC packs is an absolutely great game IMO. If you would ask me a list of the 5 best and most complete games I have on my XBox right now, it would be in that list.

BFV has clearly a lower production cost than BF1, all those nice animated maps, voice overs and cut scene intros (for operations) are now replaced by some dull white text on black background for ďgrandĒ operations. The codex entries that gave some great historical background are no more. Etc etc. That is my main dislike of the game so far.

It felt very empty at launch as well but this will improve over time. We already got an extra map and some extra guns and I like what they are doing with these Tides of War chapters.

As far as the maps go, I ran a poll to ask about maps on Reddit and I as surprised how diversified the opinion of the community is on this subject. What is the most favourite map of 1 player is at the bottom of the list for another player. The so called pro YouTube Battlefield players all seem to praise the BFV maps compared to previous entries, albeit 8 maps not being much. My taste of the maps differs a lot as well and changes over time. At first I didnít like Devastation at all, but that map is starting to grow on me. Same for Hamada, I wasnít too found of that map initially but itís growing on me. Rotterdam on the other hand starts to bore me more and more. Fjell is still my number one favourite map and I know for a lot of players in the community itís their least favourite one. Yes the maps feels very COD with the chokepoints and without the tanks but I still like it, it makes it unique within Battlefield. The newly released Panzerstorm map is great as well. It feels very realistic being so wide open and I already had some memorable moments on it. I hope we get more modes on this map instead of only conquest.

Never played Battlegrounds as Iím not really a Star Wars fan but I liked the visuals of that game last year. I might pick this up for sub-10 EUR at some point just for the singleplayer.
    Your thinking of Dice's other game that was a disaster with all the loot boxes Battlefront, Battlegrounds is the Battle Royale game.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Your thinking of Dice's other game that was a disaster with all the loot boxes Battlefront, Battlegrounds is the Battle Royale game.
    Aah you meant PUBG? That’s actually the first time I see anyone call it Battlegrounds. I never played it myself (nor any other Battle Royale) but isn’t it kinda buggy? When BO4 Blackout launched it got a lot of praise it was much more polished than PUBG. Of course it’s just 1 map in BO4 and I think already 3 now in PUBG? And then there is Fornite too, which I also never tried.

I’m curious what Firestorm in BFV will be and I will sure give that a try. But I assume once the curiousity has worn off I prefer the standard Battlefield modes.

Ooh yeah just gave the first part of Under No Flag BFV War Story a try. This was absolutely uninteresting. Worse than the start of any of the War stories in BF1 IMO. I’ll play the second part of it Saturday and maybe rerun it for some challenges and achievements.