Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield V

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Battlefield V

Battlefield V is out on early access (*) since yesterday and I played it only a little bit due to the 10 hour trial I'm on. For my three short gaming sessions I just jumped into the first the best random conquest map which turned out to be the new Fjell 652 map all three times. It's an infantry + aircraft map high in the Norwegian mountains and actually pretty damn fun. And I thought before playing the game that this would probably be the more boring map of the 8 release maps available.

My first impressions are pretty great! I liked the game already in open beta (took some getting used to) but the gunplay feels more refined and polished compared to then. The popular YouTubers all seem to praise BFV for a return to form with much better gunplay than in BF1. I have to say, I really liked the BF1 gunplay as well, the somewhat random accuracy of those weapons felt in-line with how I would think WWI weapons would have been in real life as well. And killing people with the self-loading rifles from the medic class felt ooh-so-great! Guns play very different in BFV but I do like the system as well and I can see why more people like the BFV system. As a whole, the game does feel like a technological step up from BF1, the graphics are absolutely stunning and the sound is great as well. Since I'm on that 10 hour trial (more on that later) I have skipped the singleplayer war stories completely so I can't comment on that yet.

(*) launch and early access is absolutely confusing and you really have to be EA to come up with a system as silly as this one is:

* If you have EA Origin Access Premiere (PC only) you can start playing the full game from Nov 9th.
    * If you have EA Origin Access Basis (PC only) or EA Access (XBox One) you can start playing the full game from Nov 9th but only for a period of 10 hours.
    * If you have the Deluxe Edition (all platforms) you can start playing the full game from Nov 15th.
    * Standard Edition (all platforms) starts Nov 20th.

So I did pre-order the deluxe edition and I have EA Access on my Xbox One which means I have a 10 hour trial period that started the 9th. From the 15th on my Deluxe edition kicks in and I have full access. So I'm spending those 10 hours between Friday 9th and Wednesday 14th to get the daily assignments done and do some multiplayer.

If you are even slightly interested in a WWII game or a Battlefield game, definitely check this game out. There are 5 remarks I would like to point out though:

1 - DICE wants to tell the "untold WWII stories" so don't expect the landing of D-day, the Americans, the Russians etc just yet. For now you have 2 factions (British and Germans) and 4 locations where the battles take place. 2 snow maps in Norway, 2 desert maps, 2 urban maps in Rotterdam and 2 open field maps in France. Post-launch a new vehicle combat focussed map in Belgium (!) will be released and later a map in Greece. Of course the community wants to see Americans, Russians, etc as well but no info on that yet. Judging from BF1, DICE is pretty good in adding a lot of post-launch content as well, in BF1 the French and Russian soldiers, weapons and locations were added later as well.

2 - No DLC, no season pass. All future content is free. But there will be cosmetic micro-transactions in the future.

3 - Many content missing from the game at launch. The final singleplayer War story will be for December, as well as a shooting range and coop play. The Firestorm Battle Royale mode will be for March 2019.

4 - Battlefield 1 had 4 DLCs over it's 2 years of content support which results in about 30 maps, 150 weapons and a ton of content. Comparing the launch version from BFV with that version of BF1 the game might feel a bit low on the number of maps and weapons. But that is stuff that needs to grow over time.

5 - As far as value for money goes, since BF1 is now extremely cheap (free on PC in November, currently part of XBox Games with Gold, full season pass given away for free multiple times) I have to say that BF1 still stands strong. I still like BF1 as well but BFV feels new and fresh and I'm curious to see how this "Tides of War" live service will work out, if done well and the more popular theatres of war are visited then this could become an amazing game for the 2-year journey it's probably going to take.

Here is the launch trailer and the post-launch info:

The problem now is dividing all my gaming time between these 4 fall 2018 blockbusters: FH4, AC:OD, RDR2 and BFV. First world problems I guess?
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Again only six hours of campaign?
    Guess i'm cancelling my preorder and wait for it to come on sale...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Guess i'm cancelling my preorder and wait for it to come on sale...
    Or give MP a try!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7BA18FBB-5224-451C-AA97-1FB724ED216E.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	262698
    Last edited by breyzipp; 05-12-2018 at 19:51.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yeah i can really see that happening: me, the main star in a turkey shoot lol

Platform
    PC
    i tried playing MP once whit star wars battlefront and i would last about 3 seconds , i swear there were other players just waiting for me to join the game and kill me , spawn killed . spawn killed .....
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Sean_S36

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Same here with BF1 lol
    A few seconds and bye bye...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Sean_S36

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Like I have said before you should never buy a Battlefield title just for the single player.

Personally I'm waiting until at least the 20th for the standard edition, I don't agree with their early access decisions. 2 or 3 days on a deluxe version? No real problem. 11 days early access exclusive for your premium $20 a month subscription service? That's not early access, that's just delaying the full release for the standard versions of the game.
    I'm still disappointed that in the first 6 months of the games life we will get 2 maps, just 2 maps. Strong start for that live service...
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Like I have said before you should never buy a Battlefield title just for the single player.
    Which is a shame really... All those campaigns to choose from during all these years of war and we get what?
    Three... Pity full really...
    It used to be the other way around with titles like "Medal of honor", "Brothers in arms", "Call of duty"...
    The offline player is getting the short stick far too often these days IMO

Platform
    PC
    I would argue that Battlefield has always been multiplayer focused and has never been made for the single player like older Call of Duty and games like Medal of Honor, so DICE are just doing as they have always done and I would say it would be a shame if they dedicated a large portion of resources to the single player taking away from the multiplayer. I can honestly say if they announced the next Battlefield would have no single player like the most recent CoD I wouldn't be unhappy about it. I don't like their current War Stories approach anyway.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    I would argue that Battlefield has always been multiplayer focused and has never been made for the single player like older Call of Duty and games like Medal of Honor, so DICE are just doing as they have always done and I would say it would be a shame if they dedicated a large portion of resources to the single player taking away from the multiplayer. I can honestly say if they announced the next Battlefield would have no single player like the most recent CoD I wouldn't be unhappy about it. I don't like their current War Stories approach anyway.

Yep...i'd rather they dropped single player entirely instead of luring us in with a half a**ed campaign like they're doing now and did with BF1...
    "The campaign will be amazing" or something like that is what i recall them promising with BF1...amazing but short yes,and for a single player only not worth the money.
    Hence why i will wait this time until it's on sale...already cancelled my preorder.