Thread: Multi-Class Championship idea

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Multi-Class Championship idea

A simple question that I've been asking myself for some time: would a multi-class online championship with 4 randomly chosen classes be fun? I think it'd be a pretty intensive one. Do you think it's possible or not?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe 2 random classes, and change class for each race.

Just the issue with 4 classes in a max 16 car field is that their would only be around 4 cars per class, factor in disconnects, being unable to attend races and driver skill level, you are unlikely to get many battles.
    The following user likes this Post: petergrill

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes I love multi class racing, a personal favourite was a Renault series.. Clio's/Megane Trophy/RS01/FR3.5's Although often the formula cars would need to stop for damages so perhaps in more serious racing open wheelers should be kept apart!

I'd also agree with 2 classes being plenty due to numbers, I did a GT5 vs vintage B I think? touring cars and that was good fun with a mix of tracks favouring different classes, keeps a league interesting.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You can do for classes through splitting them up into two groups. LMP1-GTE, GT3-GT4, LMP2-GT3, LMP2-GTE, LMP3-GT4 and so on. With all the groups that are available you have a number of combo options.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Acesaroni View Post
    A simple question that I've been asking myself for some time: would a multi-class online championship with 4 randomly chosen classes be fun? I think it'd be a pretty intensive one. Do you think it's possible or not?
    With only 16 cars in a field - it would very dull. 4 cars per class means you'd just end up with few battles between drivers, turning the event into individual time trials.

2 classes is the max you can do with 16 cars in my view and even then I think it is a huge compromise.

Also I'd never run "random" multi-class races as you can cause racing issues between the faster and slower cars. The higher classes need to be able to to pass the lower classes comfortably or you just end up with crashes caused by impatient drivers in traffic.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Kinda sounds like small version of LeMens. Cool idea.

As Daz555 says though, you have make sure that issues doesn't arise between the slower and faster cars. Blue flag, guys! 8 cars per class might be the way to go.
    Last edited by Bugattiisnumber1; 29-11-2018 at 09:38.