Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Fanatec / PS5?

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    42
    Platform
    PS4

    Fanatec / PS5?

    with more and more PS5 leaks I read that PS4 games and the dual shock 4 controllers would continue to be supported on the PS5.

    With a proposed release of November 2019, I was wondering if this gives people confidence for current wheels to be compatible from the start?

    I am looking to buy the Fanatec CSL elite but at 500 or there abouts it's a lot for a wheel if it's only useable for 12 months before selling on!

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    WMD Member Shepard2603's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bedburg
    Posts
    234
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyqprw12 View Post
    with more and more PS5 leaks I read that PS4 games and the dual shock 4 controllers would continue to be supported on the PS5.

    With a proposed release of November 2019, I was wondering if this gives people confidence for current wheels to be compatible from the start?

    I am looking to buy the Fanatec CSL elite but at 500 or there abouts it's a lot for a wheel if it's only useable for 12 months before selling on!

    Thanks in advance
    Just take a Black Friday deal. You can then sell it later without loss of money
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10


    Member of Revolution Sim Racing

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot Martini Da Gasalini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Between the Asphalt and Gravel
    Posts
    392
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm curious as to this too, what is going to happen with the PS5 and the current console wheels?
    Please don't tell me that they won't be supported in the next PC installment?
    "I still think this is a crock of caca" - LordDRIFT

    "I like the old cars, give me these things, throw the computers out of'em, throw everything out of'em, just give me the momentum of throwing the thing sideways around a corner and I am happy chappy" - ImbecileNerd

  4. #4
    WMD Member Asturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Asturias / Spain
    Posts
    805
    Platform
    PC
    I suppose that when Fanatec (and users) has to paid for a chip installed in the wheelbase to make it work with Sony consoles, it's obvious that it must be supported from during a time (probably two gens). Specially because Fanatec licensed the CSL for PS4 last year, and now they are ready to launch the DD for PS4 also paying Sony's license. It would be crazy that you can't use a new licensed wheel with PS5 a few months later.

    But it could be possible that other old wheels originaly licensed for PS3, will not be compatible with PS5 due license expiration (Logitech G27). Sony's bussiness...
    Last edited by Asturbo; 20-11-2018 at 22:49.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

  5. #5
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    42
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I suppose that when Fanatec (and users) has to paid for a chip installed in the wheelbase to make it work with Sony consoles, it's obvious that it must be supported from during a time (probably two gens). Specially because Fanatec licensed the CSL for PS4 last year, and now they are ready to launch the DD for PS4 also paying Sony's license. It would be crazy that you can't use a new licensed wheel with PS5 a few months later.

    But it could be possible that other old wheels originaly licensed for PS3, will not be compatible with PS5 due license expiration (Logitech G27). Sony's bussiness...

    This is my concern as the G27 was fine on PS3 then no longer supported for PS4 hence the G29.

    Fingers crossed with the CSL only a year old & the new DD released Fanatec must have some agreement regarding PS5.

  6. #6
    WMD Member Asturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Asturias / Spain
    Posts
    805
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyqprw12 View Post
    This is my concern as the G27 was fine on PS3 then no longer supported for PS4 hence the G29.

    Fingers crossed with the CSL only a year old & the new DD released Fanatec must have some agreement regarding PS5.
    The G27 is a little bit different because it worked with PS3, but AFAIK it doesn't have the Sony licensed chip, so it was removed from PS4 support (no money paid to Sony, not supported).
    But recently licensed products, must keep support because license has been paid and it must be valid during a reasonable time.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-10-2017, 00:58
  2. Fanatec CSW PS4
    By JPaulo in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-09-2017, 19:18
  3. For Sale Fanatec GT2 Wheel + Club Sport V1 + Fanatec Stand + Shifter
    By dannydizzal in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-11-2016, 10:32
  4. Blue Screen by using Fanatec GT3 RS Wheel & Fanatec Club Sport Pedals on PC
    By deClaude in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2016, 19:12
  5. Fanatec CSR bug
    By Redslayer in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-05-2015, 21:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •