Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3 crash Macau(video)

Platform
    PC

F3 crash Macau(video)

Anyone seen this? Incredible she survived.

Last edited by Konan; 21-11-2018 at 13:53.
    I7-7700K/GTX 1080/Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB DDR4 DRAM/Gigabyte LGA1151 Crossfire DDR4 Motherboard/ADATA Premium Pro 256 GB SATA SSHD/Deep Cool TX Mid Tower Tesseract/
    Trinus PSVR

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think quite a few have. Certainly Twitter users will probably know about it.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I've already seen it via my twitter contacts within F1 media who posted about it.

I am still puzzled as to why she lost control over the car though, cause she turned into the armco spinning way before she hit that car and took flight.

Edit:

I just saw the footage on what happened. Sophie Floersch did a bad overtake maneuver on the straight, and hit the rear right of the driver she was passing with her front left, which caused the carbon control arms to snap and with that snap off the front left tyre of Floersch. This impact and damage caused her to spin to the right into the armco and continue to spin until she finally hits the guy cornering... gets airborn with finally the horrible impact.

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/VanGamerenF1/sta...67606437384192
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 20-11-2018 at 20:58.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I've already seen it via my twitter contacts within F1 media who posted about it.

I am still puzzled as to why she lost control over the car though, cause she turned into the armco spinning way before she hit that car and took flight.

Edit:

I just saw the footage on what happened. Sophie Floersch did a bad overtake maneuver on the straight, and hit the rear right of the driver she was passing with her front left, which caused the carbon control arms to snap and with that snap off the front left tyre of Floersch. This impact and damage caused her to spin to the right into the armco and continue to spin until she finally hits the guy cornering... gets airborn with finally the horrible impact.

Link to Tweet: https://twitter.com/VanGamerenF1/sta...67606437384192
    The driver who was behind them said that while she was slipsreaming the other guy, suddenly a yellow flag was shown in the displays (he said that was probably a mistake from the organizers), so the other guy suddenly decelerated and she crashed onto him, having no time to react. I will post the link to this when I find it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    The driver who was behind them said that while she was slipsreaming the other guy, suddenly a yellow flag was shown in the displays (he said that was probably a mistake from the organizers), so the other guy suddenly decelerated and she crashed onto him, having no time to react. I will post the link to this when I find it.
    If that's what happened then it's really an unfortunate collision of circumstances. I guess there's one thing to take from this... slip streaming right up until the last moment is a higher risk than we all think. With her crash being an extreme case of the proverbial shit hitting the fan.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

GT5 Pilot
    why is it always this track?? seriously, it's a death hazard worse than the Nurdburgring. I say to change layout or location, or to shut this track down as it is clearly outdated in terms of configuration AND safety.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    There is a video which shows that she touched tires with another car further up the straight before this video starts. That contact appears to be what started the chain of events.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    There is a video which shows that she touched tires with another car further up the straight before this video starts. That contact appears to be what started the chain of events.
    That video is in the tweet link I posted earlier.

I do not think any safety measures would have helped here, unless you would have as much space as at Paul Richard.

I was anti-halo but I have to admit that such a device would have prevented damage to Sophie her spinal column.
    Also would a canopy like on our Formula X have saved the driver in this occasion? Would it be strong enough?
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 21-11-2018 at 12:13.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    That video is in the tweet link I posted earlier.

I do not think any safety measures would have helped here, unless you would have as much space as at Paul Richard.

I was anti-halo but I have to admit that such a device would have prevented damage to Sophie her spinal column.
    Also would a canopy like on our Formula X have saved the driver in this occasion? Would it be strong enough?
    How would a halo have helped Sophie? I think he injury is from the impact of her car in wall, not because something hit her head.

I still hope that she makes her way back and eventually makes it into F1 too.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro