Thread: (VR) rendering of reflections different for each eye

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Post (VR) rendering of reflections different for each eye

Since release I'm playing PC2 a lot in my racing rig and with VR only. It took that long until I finally found out what annoys me when driving cars where I'm able to see the hood. Yesterday I found out what makes this experience a bit weird:

Track: all
    Car: Ford Mustang '66 (red paint with flames)
    Use any VR headset (I'm using the Oculus Rift at the moment), camera setting to inside and now watch the reflections of your hood alternating looking with one eye. Now you'll see totally different reflection angles of the world reflecting - very very unnatural.

I would handle this as a bug since it breaks the VR immersion and could make headaches.
    The following user likes this Post: PoL

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by starione View Post
    Since release I'm playing PC2 a lot in my racing rig and with VR only. It took that long until I finally found out what annoys me when driving cars where I'm able to see the hood. Yesterday I found out what makes this experience a bit weird:

Track: all
    Car: Ford Mustang '66 (red paint with flames)
    Use any VR headset (I'm using the Oculus Rift at the moment), camera setting to inside and now watch the reflections of your hood alternating looking with one eye. Now you'll see totally different reflection angles of the world reflecting - very very unnatural.

I would handle this as a bug since it breaks the VR immersion and could make headaches.
    Reflections are different for each eye IRL too(you can use any mirror or even window to check this) .. They are not like stickers. But they shouldn't differ too much, if that's what you mean.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Reflections are different for each eye IRL too(you can use any mirror or even window to check this) .. They are not like stickers. But they shouldn't differ too much, if that's what you mean.
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, for sure do I have a different angle at things with each eye but if you try exactly that combination I sent in the short bugreport you'll see that it is totally different from what you would expect in real life. When having trees right and left at the road I see in my right eye the trees reflecting from the right side only and through the left lens the trees on the left side. But in real it would be the other way around. I really did the same today when driving to work this morning

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    ... doublechecked with the Odyssey+ with the same result. In other (by far not THAT great ) racing games these reflections are correct.
    Would be awesome if this can get adjusted in the future. Especially where you always see parts of your car with reflections.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I would like to have a matte livery option to eliminate reflections. This also may help a bit with VR performance. In a race i don't care about how much shiny my car is...

Platform
    PC
    original liveries have matte options, metal shaders etc.
    Only custom skins don't.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This is not what i meant, i would like to have an option to choose if a livery is shiny or matte to disable reflection mapping on the chassis. Right now, not every car has a matte livery for my liking...