Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Turn 1 incidents, Every Online race

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    First of all: Why the hell do you mention in every second post iRacing? If you like it so much, stay with it.
    First of all: Anybody with some kind of intelligence will ask has any existing sim such kind of MP "ghost" mode.
    Is it possible to include?
    Thats the reason I argumented for sceptical people with some kind of intelligence that such a mode does allready exist - in iRacing :-)

Second of all: I see no reason from now on to respond to any of your confronting outpourings - because they are more or less only rather hostile and therefore worthless to respond to.

Hehe and just like I dont want to tell people what game they should be playing I consider it complete worthless to read some confronting outpouring of what I should play.

Have a nice day:-) :-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    I think one of the problems policing this is that some people would argue they have bought the game to play how they want even if that means they get fun out of intentionally wrecking others online
    Agree.
    And against such kind of legal attitude(legal because they have payed for the game) there is (IMO) more or less only 2 solutions.
    1. Ban such people from the servers or
    2. Include some feature in the game that make it impossible for such behaviour to destroy the racing enjoyment for others.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Watch the good guys in the room. They always get thru. Watch the techniques that some use to get thru. You know its coming so let it happen and then drive thru. Dont let it frustrate you just learn how to get thru. Again watch the good guys the fast guys they always get thru. Do they get caught up yeah every once in while but most of the time the get thru.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is in this conversation we always talk about the rammers or the trailing guys and most of the time its the trailing guys fault but I think we need to also talk about the leaders. Just because your up front doesnt mean you can drive Miss Daisy into the turn. As some have said its a lot of pressure leading a bunch of angry drivers into that first turn and sometimes guys screw it up really bad. The best chance the field has of getting into turn 1 cleanly is the leader getting in quickly and cleanly. Some guys freeze up and slow way down to take the turn and in this case you actually caused your own problems. Sometimes fast guys come in late in qualifying and dont get a good time so they are trapped mid pack. Those guys are gonna come up screaming thru the field and cause a log jam at that first turn. When you see this happening use your racecraft and back off. 1 of 2 things will happen 1) A big wreck 2) everybody has to slowdown so much that exiting the first turn your right there. Turn 1 is not a big deal. You just got to know when to go and when to slow. The good guys always get thru. I have seen it and done it to many times for it to be luck.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    I've managed to get through without issue quite a few times.. but still it is sometimes unavoidable when someone comes charging like a bullet from behind through the pack
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PS4
    Need to watch that rear view mirror mate
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Need to watch that rear view mirror mate
    -Then get some popcorn and watch your rearview mirror like a tiny horror movie.

Knowing you are about to be rammed doesn't mean there is anything you can do about it. (Turn one usually involves being surrounded by other cars)
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I've found some success making it through T1 (usually).

I'm not often in top 3, but when I am, I find that is the worst situation. That's where I find the least possibility to get through T1. The front rows of the grid have delusions of grandeur from their great qualifying times, and often end up taking me out. I will admit, I've made the same errors/mistakes.

Otherwise, the early/light braking mentioned by hkraft300 often helps. It certainly works on me if I'm behind a car and I see his brake lights.

Then, if I can, I try to go to the outside of the turn, of course trying not to cut anyone off. But I find that everyone dives inside and this makes chaos. When I go to the outside, and try to stay really really wide around T1, it's usually successful. The only risk is usually the kamakaze coming into T1, which is unavoidable in any situation. Otherwise, I might lose a spot or two, but I will make it through, and more likely several others will get taken out and I end up further ahead than behind.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

I was just watching blues brothers and it got me thinking about the 1st corner

in most races end up like this, even when in 1st place and your up against amateur drivers! im sorry but i could not help myself! i was laughing so hard, the 1st thing i thought of was pcars 2 online!

so many players are just like the cops from the clip in the game
    https://youtu.be/LMagP52BWG8

Go on, tell me im wrong when your racing with a bunch of U class racers, u just have to think of it as of a typical race when your trying to win!
    Last edited by dan2312; 13-12-2018 at 01:13.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: eracerhead, sas5320