Thread: PC2 : Career Prototype C

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

PC2 : Career Prototype C

Hello,

I am currently working in the Prototype C class and here is my experience.

I started with the US series. There are in this series, 2 NIssan GTP ZX-Turbo which are much faster than other cars. By adjusting the level of the AI, you fight with these 2 Nissan (the rest is too slow more than 3 seconds lap), or you fight for the 3rd place with cars other than the 2 Nissan GTP ZX -Turbo. This class is not at all balanced and it frustrates me.
    Another problem encountered, the 2 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo are faster in the race than qualifications. On Watkins Glen for example, these 2 Nissan are faster by 2 seconds in race while the 2 sessions were held on a dry track.

This serie is really frustrating and poorly done in my opinion. Usually I run the maximum duration but there, I did the opposite. I still have the Transworld Cup and I'm afraid it's the same (from the videos on YT). I had no pleasure at the moment.

I guess it's too late for SMS to take a look at this ....I did all the Open Wheel series and I was satisfied with this experience. I hope the other series are less frustrating than this one...

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    There isn't to much SMS can do about this without a serious reworking to the game

Platform
    PC
    That's the issue with the GTP ZX Turbos. They're not Group C cars and too powerful for this series.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gregz0r, seb02

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    That's the issue with the GTP ZX Turbos. They're not Group C cars and too powerful for this series.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I wonder the interest of integrating a car so competitive in a series that becomes, in fact, unbalanced. That this Nissan is present in the game, ok, but it must not appear in the career mode.
    I think that pretty much sums up the frustration PC2 can generate with surprising choices. I mean, the career mode has to be balanced, that should be the first thing to consider.
    I will quickly pass this series which, for me, has no interest.
    This is something to improve for PC3.
    The following user likes this Post: Gregz0r

Platform
    PC
    That Nissan GTP is indeed way too fast for the category.
    I found this out in a recent race, where it stormed off into the lead so quickly that I didn’t even notice.
    It then took its mandatory pit stop, and re-joined about 8 seconds behind me.
    This is when I first became aware of it - when it closed and passed me so quickly, like I was in a lower formulae.
    This is another scenario, where baked-in custom grids would solve this issue, by simply allowing us to not select it!

Last edited by Gregz0r; 02-12-2018 at 15:46.
    Twitter: GregzVR
    i7-7700K, 1080 Ti, 24GB RAM.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.
    I wonder the interest of integrating a car so competitive in a series that becomes, in fact, unbalanced. That this Nissan is present in the game, ok, but it must not appear in the career mode.
    I think that pretty much sums up the frustration PC2 can generate with surprising choices. I mean, the career mode has to be balanced, that should be the first thing to consider.
    I will quickly pass this series which, for me, has no interest.
    This is something to improve for PC3.
    Something to consider is Pcars tends to group these historic series like a historical racing series. Yes the GTP is technically faster and a part of the USA IMSA GTP series, but if your brought one to a Group C revival they would probably let it run because it's close enough...

Kart Driver 2010 Synergy Camaro's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I selected the Sauber C9 LM in career mode and set the boost to 100 and was able to compete with the Nissan Turbos everywhere but Sakitto GP.
    MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate CPU: i5 7500 Memory: DDR4-2400 2X8GB
    GPU: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OS: Windows 10 Creator Ver 1709 Display: 1080P. Wheel: Logitech G29 with Wheelstand Pro V2.