Thread: Question about buying?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question about buying?

I bought this on steam and my account got hacked, I am wondering if I can buy this away from steam as steam is very acceptable to hacks and people looking to steal peoples accounts with over 300 games on them.

Platform
    PC
    Steam is required. You can purchase a game key away from Steam, but the key needs to go into Steam. Those other key buying locations will not help you if your Steam account gets hacked. Enable a second factor authentication on Steam to protect your account.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Steam is required. You can purchase a game key away from Steam, but the key needs to go into Steam. Those other key buying locations will not help you if your Steam account gets hacked. Enable a second factor authentication on Steam to protect your account.
    That don't help when they pose as a fake employee from valve, I think tieing me to steam makes this a no sell I should be able to buy directly from the company. Steam has been so vulnerable to hacks its not funny.

Platform
    PC
    Valve will never call you or contact you directly. No matter who is "posing" as someone from Valve, you just ignore them. The game has Steam directly integrated into to (for online racing, leaderboards, and other capabilities).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Valve will never call you or contact you directly. No matter who is "posing" as someone from Valve, you just ignore them. The game has Steam directly integrated into to (for online racing, leaderboards, and other capabilities).
    I am trying to get my account back now, I have to wait for them to contact me.I have over 300+ games on my account.