Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus 51 tire wear

Platform
    PC
    Ok. It’s the Track tyres that are rubbish. I drove a 6 lap race at Monza historic and the tyres were completely gone at the end.
    If you select Automatic By Weather the game chooses the Vintage tyres for you. These are the correct (and best) tyres for this car.
    Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard, Intel I7 7700K CPU @ 4.5gHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti GPU.
    Oculus Rift, Logitech G29 wheel.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jurld, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    They must have changed that behavior in a patch at some point. Generally I've noticed the game puts track tires on instead of vintage.

Glad I'm not losing my mind about the wear.

I understand about driving the car and if I settle in long enough and don't overdrive it, it starts to make some sense. I used to think the other Lotus open wheelers were rather hard to drive but I've become at least competent with them. This one really takes the cake, though. Thing is, I don't really remember it being such a beast. Maybe I just never drive it much and thus blot it out of my mind.
    Last edited by Jurld; 07-12-2018 at 12:39.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurld View Post
    They must have changed that behavior in a patch at some point. Generally I've noticed the game puts track tires on instead of vintage.

Glad I'm not losing my mind about the wear.

I understand about driving the car and if I settle in long enough and don't overdrive it, it starts to make some sense. I used to think the other Lotus open wheelers were rather hard to drive but I've become at least competent with them. This one really takes the cake, though. Thing is, I don't really remember it being such a beast. Maybe I just never drive it much and thus blot it out of my mind.
    The game always puts on vintage tyres for me. Perhaps you are loading a previously saved set up that forces track tyres?

This car is indeed a challenge but I think driving it can help one to develope some good transferable skills as this car's balance is so sensative to brake and throttle input.

Lotus51. Snetterton 100. Vintage tyres, 120/100.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Vic Flange

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    The game always puts on vintage tyres for me. Perhaps you are loading a previously saved set up that forces track tyres?

This car is indeed a challenge but I think driving it can help one to develope some good transferable skills as this car's balance is so sensative to brake and throttle input.

Lotus51. Snetterton 100. Vintage tyres, 120/100.
    Sweet.
    There is a actually a tarmac layout at Lydden Hill that really suits the Lotus 51. Worth a try.
    Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard, Intel I7 7700K CPU @ 4.5gHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti GPU.
    Oculus Rift, Logitech G29 wheel.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants