Thread: GT3 League (XB1)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

GT3 League (XB1)

I've took a long break from racing due to Family issues. I'm looking to join a (not to beginner League) in the middle of the pack skill level GT3 League. Are there any of those around?

Platform
    PC
    You can check this thread (not sure how up to date it is):
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-*Will-Update*
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You can check this thread (not sure how up to date it is):
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-*Will-Update*
    No longer being updated. I posted a new one to continue the updates, by no one replied to that and it faded down the thread list.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    No longer being updated. I posted a new one to continue the updates, by no one replied to that and it faded down the thread list.
    IMO we really need a web portal that will have info about all current clubs and leagues, which would be updated by clubs or league participants, categorized for platform, car class etc. Such a portal could include information like current standings, upcoming races in the week etc etc. There are so many leagues out there that are almost invisible to most people searching for one and it is a big shame.

If I had web development skills, I would had created this myself months ago, but I am unfortunately completely illiterate in this area. If anyone does want to implement this though, I would gladly help by collecting and updating info about leagues.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    I've took a long break from racing due to Family issues. I'm looking to join a (not to beginner League) in the middle of the pack skill level GT3 League. Are there any of those around?
    https://apexonlineracing.com/communi...eason-11.1235/
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    IMO we really need a web portal that will have info about all current clubs and leagues, which would be updated by clubs or league participants, categorized for platform, car class etc. Such a portal could include information like current standings, upcoming races in the week etc etc. There are so many leagues out there that are almost invisible to most people searching for one and it is a big shame.

If I had web development skills, I would had created this myself months ago, but I am unfortunately completely illiterate in this area. If anyone does want to implement this though, I would gladly help by collecting and updating info about leagues.
    Not a portal, but I created a thread where people can post info. I'm not a computing genius either, but I am on here every day unless I am away(300+ days a year active probably) so I should be able to keep it updated.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Not a portal, but I created a thread where people can post info. I'm not a computing genius either, but I am on here every day unless I am away(300+ days a year active probably) so I should be able to keep it updated.
    I am afraid a forum thread is not very practical it seems from seeing how the older thread went (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-*Will-Update*). Just had a quick look over it, I noticed duplicates, leagues listed there which were finished several months ago etc. A web page with filters and sorting capabilities would probably be a lot easier to use and would make clubs more keen to update it with their new info. But in any case, I wish you best success with your new initiative!
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

I can help

I am a web developer and would love to collaborate in creating a site dedicated to PC2 leagues. I also own my own server space so there would not be any additional ongoing costs.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by winabango View Post
    I am a web developer and would love to collaborate in creating a site dedicated to PC2 leagues. I also own my own server space so there would not be any additional ongoing costs.
    Sounds good! Maybe you want to create a simple interface, see if that works and people use it, and if it does, then further improve it?

I am thinking about a championship entry page with fields like club name, league name (if exists), car class(es) (can be simple text for now), start/end date, number of races, number of drivers, status (if it is active/pending/ended/discontinued), contact info and a general comments field for rules etc. Later maybe more can be added, for example exact tracks/dates schedule, name of racers, standings, final results etc. When browsing data, would be nice to be able to sort on any column, some filters in the future would be helpful as well.

Obviously you and others may have more ideas about it. If you do implement something like that, I will be filling it with as much data I can recover from racing clubs and sites I know, discord servers, will be sending "adverts" to clubs and clubs about it, so they know about it and can post their league info there etc. I am thinking that normally anybody should be allowed to log new league info, or request changes, even without "logging" in the site (that puts off many people), but an admin would need to verify and "finalize" this data. I'd love to be one of the admins

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Consider it done

Sounds good! Maybe you want to create a simple interface, see if that works and people use it, and if it does, then further improve it?

I am thinking about a championship entry page with fields like club name, league name (if exists), car class(es) (can be simple text for now), start/end date, number of races, number of drivers, status (if it is active/pending/ended/discontinued), contact info and a general comments field for rules etc. Later maybe more can be added, for example exact tracks/dates schedule, name of racers, standings, final results etc. When browsing data, would be nice to be able to sort on any column, some filters in the future would be helpful as well.

Obviously you and others may have more ideas about it. If you do implement something like that, I will be filling it with as much data I can recover from racing clubs and sites I know, discord servers, will be sending "adverts" to clubs and clubs about it, so they know about it and can post their league info there etc. I am thinking that normally anybody should be allowed to log new league info, or request changes, even without "logging" in the site (that puts off many people), but an admin would need to verify and "finalize" this data. I'd love to be one of the admins
    I have a few projects that I am finishing up prior to Christmas. I can start building something around New Years, just to see if we get any traction.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem