Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Evolution of Trust (Game Theory stuff), really interesting website

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Well, your OP was about the evolution of trust, and trust between people has been changing in the world dramatically every few dozen years...
    Indeed but it is still only on the micro scale.. small fluctuations are bound to happen but in the grand scheme of things they aren't all that interesting. The key word is evolution in the title. The very word itself immediately points to a much longer time scale for things.

I know, been to Finland and Sweden for a week and really enjoyed it. I hope you guys remain like that for the next 20 years and more, too!
    There's definitely some not so nice stuff bubbling under the surface here too but for the most part Finns (and probably Swedes and the rest of the nordic countries) are relatively calm and level headed. We lack some of the hot blood of the rest of the world, which has it's downsides but also some benefits. However, when the kettle boils of a Finn, it usually boils real hot. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point though.

One thing that I think keeps us in balance is that we are quite used to people speaking their mind which means most people are used to other people having a vastly different opinion and we don't get offended all that easily. Debates can get of course get quite heated but at the end of the day we don't go home carrying a grudge, for the most part.
    Last edited by bmanic; 01-12-2018 at 13:08.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I Guess perception of this matter depends on where you live...Smaller Places where the wealth is Not Divided by Huge gaps seem to get along and relate to each other better... I'm in NYC and the wealth Gap between People who have and those who have Not is Huge!!! People in different economic brackets dont seem to socialize or relate to each others POV well... $$$ seems to be the root of the problem.... Shame people seem to have forgotten that we are all Human we all breath the same air... People May Hold $$$ in their hand but $$$ has Never held their hand back Neither can it talk to you when you are alone with it.... But Some will Only talk to you because you have it and some will Not talk to you because you dont have enough of it.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 01-12-2018 at 16:31.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I don't know if I can agree. It's not like there isn't a wealth gap here in Finland. Heck my children go to a school were there are a few families that have literally hundreds of millions of euros on their bank accounts. They are also brought to school in cars that cost 4 to 5 times more than all of our belongings put together. Do I care? Nope. Does it affect me? Not at all. One of my very good friends is an heir to one of the leading beer brands in Finland (not privately owned any more as they got bought out many years ago), making that person rich beyond belief. My daughter is best friends with their daughter. I've yet to see any ill feelings towards any of this.. from any of the friends or aquaintances.

It's a matter of attitude in my opinion. Live and let live. Of course those feelings may be different if it was a case of exploitation that amassed the wealth at the cost of myself or other people in my close surroundings but that's luckily not the case at all. Nor do I feel like there's much of that going on in reality. Some newspapers are trying to push this agenda though and if one lives and breathes by what others say and preach, then it's easy to fall into the illusion that everybody who is rich is out to get you and exploit you. Reality and real statistics show a different story though, at least here.. as far as I know.

Of course there ARE rotten apples but they are definitely in the minority. There's some corruption here too in various sectors but that's nothing new. Corruption has always existed. It wasn't any better 30 years ago. Now it's just much more publicised and preached about. Kind of how one would think there are more random acts of violence and robberies than there was before.. but no, that's just an illusion created by the media. Statistics show the exact opposite.
    Last edited by bmanic; 01-12-2018 at 19:43.
    .. please SMS, make the AI faster in rain before shelving the game for good. Please! Love this game dearly!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think it's a matter of if you're able to make a decent living or not. If you are fine with your life, no reason to envy someone who has ten or hundred times more than what you have. But when/where people need to work 15 hours per day to earn 300 euro or less per month and make a living for them and their family just with that, then it becomes a problem having a neighbor with 10 cars...
    The following user likes this Post: bmanic

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I agree with this 100% and would like to add that 30yrs ago Neighbors would share... When your Neighbor didn't have You would give a 1/2 Dozen Eggs the Next person would Give Bread the other person would share a stick of Butter... Those times seem to be Gone!!! Neighbors dont even talk much anymore let alone Help each other... its Very sad... No one trust the other person anymore... I fear soon the world will be back to WW2 Ghestapo days with Neighbors reporting each other to secret police and such... Not because the person did anything wrong but just because of the Lack of trust or just plain jealousy and Envy.
    Totally agree. Growing up we didn't lock doors and I left my keys in my car with the windows down overnight all the time. Nobody touched your stuff. Id never think of doing that anymore.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmanic, cpcdem, GrimeyDog