Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultra powerful Lotus 49

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just a thought: stop rscing AI and start racing other real people (what PC2 is made for) and all your afore mentioned “tricks“ dont work anymore.

Its one thing to beat AI....even at strongest setti.gs.

But its a whole different story to be competitive against other human beeings....

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    Just a thought: stop rscing AI and start racing other real people (what PC2 is made for) and all your afore mentioned “tricks“ dont work anymore.

Its one thing to beat AI....even at strongest setti.gs.

But its a whole different story to be competitive against other human beeings....
    PC2 was made for people to enjoy single-player and/or multiplayer, not one or the other.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bmanic, Mad Al, Vic Flange

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Pete.

I played several years with GPL but PCars 2 graphics got me and I can't go back to 90's graphics.

Why I don't use vintage tires ? Well, I tried them on all my favorite tracks and like Vic mentioned, the AI seems not using the same tires and they have more grip than me. That look an unfair fight to me. I prefer slowing my car down the same skill as the AI and have real fight at 120/100. I like when I give my 120%.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can't play online. Where I live my internet strenght is not fast enough via satellite. And I agree with Cluck, I have extremely great fun with the AI by my own.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre.V View Post
    .. .

Why I don't use vintage tires ? Well, I tried them on all my favorite tracks and like Vic mentioned, the AI seems not using the same tires and they have more grip than me. That look an unfair fight to me. I prefer slowing my car down the same skill as the AI and have real fight at 120/100. I like when I give my 120%.
    Well your tuning is an unfair fight to the AI, no?

That's why I suggested to reduce the AI strength.
    BTW I prefer the all terrain to the vintage tires.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can't play online. Where I live my internet strenght is not fast enough via satellite. And I agree with Cluck, I have extremely great fun with the AI by my own.
    I am sorry to hear that (internet). Enjoy racing anyway

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't even need the AI.
    If I drive hard enough I'm perfectly capable of being my own greatest obstacle.

Very neat build, nice oomph and even extra slidy ness.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I know, everytime I post something or I ask something here, almost no reply.

I'll continue to play by myself with my Lotus and have great fun.

Andre.
    Don't feel bad about being excited about something you enjoy. I really like the Ligier LMP 2 Nissan. I could go on for awhile on how you feel at one with the car, and it has the right balance.

There have been discussions at length and what I've seen on youtube videos that the vintage tires seem to provide a more well rounded experience. Between this and the 917k (probably others as well) vintage tires seem to provide that.

That said the response from the PC2 team has been there was a lot of tire development in the 1960's. Which is very true. Compare a 1960 f1 car, to a 1969 f1 car, or the watson roadsters of the early 1960's in indycar to the Hawk or Lotus's of the late 1960's. So you get a choice on the tire you want. Go choice!

When I get done moving, i'll try the vintage tire again.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Well your tuning is an unfair fight to the AI, no?

That's why I suggested to reduce the AI strength.
    BTW I prefer the all terrain to the vintage tires.

I don't think so. I adjust my setup to be within half second faster than the AI if I remain constant. Otherwise they are faster than me so to me it's pretty fair for them.

Andre.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_Cheddar View Post
    Don't feel bad about being excited about something you enjoy.
    Thanks I appreciate your comment. My son also like the LMP 2 cars.

Andre