Thread: PC2 constantly decalibrating on Odyssey+

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

PC2 constantly decalibrating on Odyssey+

Hello,

I am using the HMD Odyssey+ from Samsung in "seated" mode (as opposed to room-scale), and I am constantly running into centering and calibrating issues.
    The two issues I am having *while driving* are:

1. The view decenters itself slowly. It looks as if the driver is slowly fainting to the left or right. The view angle will slowly drift towards a 45 degree angle, as if the driver was leaning heavily.

2. The view sometimes re-centers itself in random position abruptly, as if I had manually re-centered it.

My setup includes:

- Samsung HMD Odyssey+
    - Thrustmaster T300RS

I have bound the "Recenter camera VR view" to a button on my wheel, but having to constantly recenter is making me feel nauseous.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what could be causing these issues? Thank you for your help

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    This seems to be happening more when I play in complete darkness. Are lights required even when not using motion controllers?

Platform
    PC
    AFAIK the cameras for inside-out tracking need some light to work properly. Plus some "stuff" on the walls that they can orientate themselves along. Sitting in front of a white wall as well as sitting in the dark will make tracking impossible.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    right. And dont't forget, the hardware is tracking, not the game. The game just gets data.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the replies, I will give it another shot with lights on.

In a square room, do you guys recommend placing my rig in the center of the room, of can it be next to a wall? Wonder if it helps tracking

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mcassagnes View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I will give it another shot with lights on.

In a square room, do you guys recommend placing my rig in the center of the room, of can it be next to a wall? Wonder if it helps tracking
    You can place it next to a wall, as long as there are contrast points on the wall.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981