Thread: Newbie to PC2 and had a couple Career questions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Newbie to PC2 and had a couple Career questions

Good day, all

I am just getting “into” my PC2 game finally. I’ve got a proper rig setup (Logitech G29 wheel/pedals and shifter w/a race seat) and I am getting my feet wet with the Ginetta Juniors UK Championship series.

I realize it will take some time to get my head around the actual driving, setup, etc. but I had a couple questions about the races themselves. I was in a extremely rainy race in round 2 at Knockhill and was doing “OK”, and at about the 6-7 minutes mark I had an AI driver come up behind me quite quickly and literally “punt” me off the course! I collected my car before colliding with a wall, but needless to say, ended up in 2nd to last. Seems very frustrating to try and drive as well as you can and have a computer driver just take you out like that!

What kind of actions/defensive work can one do to avoid something like that happening? Also, I’ve had some races (one in particular) that I saw someone mention in a different thread about driving most of the race in the lead, and when there is about a minute or so left, the AI drivers begin to catch up with ease and my car seems to get skidgy and very unhandleable.

Another odd and very frustrating thing that makes it hard to continue to get enjoyment from these lower tier races.

As I say, I’m new, and have a TON to learn, but having raced a lot of other driving games, these seem more buggy than things one needs to “learn”.

Snyway, having fun with the game and have learned a lot from the many posters here - thanks!

Cheers,
    Kev

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevwheez View Post
    Good day, all

I am just getting “into” my PC2 game finally. I’ve got a proper rig setup (Logitech G29 wheel/pedals and shifter w/a race seat) and I am getting my feet wet with the Ginetta Juniors UK Championship series.
    That's a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevwheez View Post
    I realize it will take some time to get my head around the actual driving, setup, etc. but I had a couple questions about the races themselves. I was in a extremely rainy race in round 2 at Knockhill and was doing “OK”, and at about the 6-7 minutes mark I had an AI driver come up behind me quite quickly and literally “punt” me off the course! I collected my car before colliding with a wall, but needless to say, ended up in 2nd to last. Seems very frustrating to try and drive as well as you can and have a computer driver just take you out like that!

What kind of actions/defensive work can one do to avoid something like that happening? Also, I’ve had some races (one in particular) that I saw someone mention in a different thread about driving most of the race in the lead, and when there is about a minute or so left, the AI drivers begin to catch up with ease and my car seems to get skidgy and very unhandleable.
    If I recall, what happens in that race is that it stops raining and then the AI start to catch up with you. It turns out that they are slower than they should be in the rain but then are faster than they should be on a drying track. As for the car punting you off the track, you might try lowering the aggression value. Also, drive defensively and take away the inside line. If you make them go around the outside they'll have a lot harder time but if you leave the door open, they'll take it. Or if it's inevitable that they're going to get past you, just don't fight it and try to salvage what you can from the race.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    That's a good place to start.

If I recall, what happens in that race is that it stops raining and then the AI start to catch up with you. It turns out that they are slower than they should be in the rain but then are faster than they should be on a drying track. As for the car punting you off the track, you might try lowering the aggression value. Also, drive defensively and take away the inside line. If you make them go around the outside they'll have a lot harder time but if you leave the door open, they'll take it. Or if it's inevitable that they're going to get past you, just don't fight it and try to salvage what you can from the race.
    Excellent advice! I was thinking that should I see that about to happen again, I would simply let him pass and attempt to stay close.

I have seen others mention the AI aggressiveness setting but was clueless as to where to change it?

I did just qualify on the pole at Silverstone in the next race of the series, (dry track, yay!) so I feel a little better!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    And then of course, it starts to rain with 4 minutes to in the race, I have a huge lead, they punt me into the wall, and I finish 10th. Extremely, extremely irritating!

Are there any beginner series that actually have DECENT weather!?

Platform
    PC
    I'm going off of memory here. On the main screen, go into career and then into career settings. In there is a slider for AI strength (how fast they are overall) and another one for aggressiveness.

It's worth it to learn to drive in the weather. You just have to get comfortable with the car sliding around more than you're used to. Practice in the rain and pretty soon you'll learn how to anticipate how much the car is going to slide and use that to your advantage. It feels a bit like driving a rally car at first but you'll adapt quickly.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Kevwheez

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    OK, I’m beginning to get a bit peeved here.
    I finished the 1st racing season I did in the Career mode in the Ginetta Junior series. As it is my first foray into PC2, I did not so great (finished somewhere around 6 or 7 in the standings). The irritation is coming in the first race of my second attempt. I did fine in qualifying and was in 4th or 5th position. During the race I was progressing well and passing racers in front, and was REALLY pressuring the leader with about a minute or so to go (at this point, we had done perhaps 5-6 laps). Suddenly, all my inputs; steering, braking, acceleration began to be NOTICABLEY compromised. At that point, I had already logged the fastest lap, then all my control was out the window. Of course, like in the rainy races I had previously noticed this in, I had to slow down just to baby it along, which causes someone to rear-end me, punting me off track and virtually wasting the whole race right there!
    What in the world is going on here! How can I go from consistent laps (with one being the quickest of this very short race), to having no control and basically wasting my time!?