Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does a GTX1060 do with VR in Pcars2?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I said that it is not the best buy opportunity more in the sense that since you said you did not want to go very high on budget, you can easily pick the parts you actually want/need yourself and come up with a better price.

For example the CPU, the i7 8700K is very expensive because it has 6 cores/12 threads, which I doubt will make any noticeable difference with the current games you want to play. The i5 9600K is $100 cheaper and I think with 6 cores/6 threads at the same speed it should do the job quite as fine, unless someone else believes otherwise, please correct me if I am wrong.

About storage, you said you would play two games only, for that a 240 GB SSD is already much more than enough, you do not need an extra HDD as well. You may even want to go to 8GB RAM to further reduce budget. But all that's only if indeed budget is an issue (and you indeed do not plan to install 100 games at the end ), otherwise of course just go all in!

I would be really interested to hear what pieces the reputable "sim racing" builder" suggested you to use, in order to come up with this $1300 price tag...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I said that it is not the best buy opportunity more in the sense that since you said you did not want to go very high on budget, you can easily pick the parts you actually want/need yourself and come up with a better price.

For example the CPU, the i7 8700K is very expensive because it has 6 cores/12 threads, which I doubt will make any noticeable difference with the current games you want to play. The i5 9600K is $100 cheaper and I think with 6 cores/6 threads at the same speed it should do the job quite as fine, unless someone else believes otherwise, please correct me if I am wrong.

About storage, you said you would play two games only, for that a 240 GB SSD is already much more than enough, you do not need an extra HDD as well. You may even want to go to 8GB RAM to further reduce budget. But all that's only if indeed budget is an issue (and you indeed do not plan to install 100 games at the end ), otherwise of course just go all in!

I would be really interested to hear what pieces the reputable "sim racing" builder" suggested you to use, in order to come up with this $1300 price tag...

It was an i5 8600k delidded and OCd, B450Mobo, 500gb SSD(not sure if sata or m.2) 16gb ram. I think a 750 or 850w power supply, case (unsure brand) Liquid cooled. I think he gets $75 -$100 for labor and I think shipping was around $50. They are probably higher end parts and not the cheapest avail. The same build with a Ryzen 5 2600x was about $200 less. I dont want to post his name here as I am not speaking bad about him but that was his quote. Hes all over some sim forums, iracing and FB pages. I can PM you the quote if you want to see it.

I have tried to piece it out myself like I said. Dropping down to a 240gb ssd and less ram definetely drops the price, but mybe $100 total. Im still around that $800 price range i cant get it any lower from what I have seen.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    No need to, I wasn't suggesting the price itself was bloated, just that the pieces probably were overkill for you that were looking for a not very expensive machine to run a couple games only for a few hours per week. But if it is possible than later you will look into gaming more seriously () and budget is not really an issue, then yeah better go all in now, so you will not need to upgrade in a couple years again..

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    No need to, I wasn't suggesting the price itself was bloated, just that the pieces probably were overkill for you that were looking for a not very expensive machine to run a couple games only for a few hours per week. But if it is possible than later you will look into gaming more seriously () and budget is not really an issue, then yeah better go all in now, so you will not need to upgrade in a couple years again..
    I actually mentioned thebpieces being overkill for my needs and that is what he suggested. I asked for a cheaper setup to do it but I am still waiting for a response.

Budget is really not an issue. The issue is convincing myself how to justify a more expensive PC to play 2 games casually lol That is why I have been trying to go the cheaper route. But I also do not want to go too cheap to the point I will have issues or alot of sacrifices in performance.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****