Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lap history (Time) in future update?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    please more respect for that small group of third party developers! They do a great job.
    W/o them, there were no third party dash apps, just a very small exclusive group of drivers would use some of this very expensive motec devices.

Also, you should be aware, that official using motecs protocols will be extra licensing costs.
    There is no reasons to tell people odd stories about costs.
    The commercial company MoteC knows very well that both iRacing and rF2 users use the freely available MoteC prog to analyze telemetry data.
    The logic behind is (probably) that MoteC earn their money in the RL Racing world and consider the use of MoteC in the sim world as some kind of ‎free advertising.
    Hehe and they are clever enough to understand that they would not earn even 5 cent more if they made some kind witchhunt among sim ‎enthusiast.
    Why I know this?
    From a communication with them when I tried to report a minor bug in their program some years ago.

ByTheWay: "most of the toy-like telemetry gadgets around" is a bit different from saying "all of..."

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Out of curiosity, what kind of stuff does motec do, that regular sim racing telemetry apps don't? Not implying "not much", I just have no idea, so I am asking.
    Because MoteC include a (simple) programming language its possible to create your own analyzing menus and produce Access like tabels that can pinpoint any weird behaviour of a racing car on the tarmac.
    Virtual or RL :-)
    Or argumenting the other way around then there is actually a good reason that professional RL racing teams more or less allways use Motec (or to some extent Atlas telemetry sw) - even when they have to pay a licencing fee:-)

ByTheWay: Before Nogrip forum disapeared one of the more fancy MoteC projects was named:
    MoTeC i2 Pro Tools-Analysis of DIFF Function
    It was made for rF2 but was easily converted to iRacing.
    The project was made by a guy called carham. And my guess is that such an analyzing project would have been quite impossible to create in one of the many socalled "telemetry" gadgets.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    And my guess is that such an analyzing project would have been quite impossible to create in one of the many socalled "telemetry" gadgets.
    No need for this condescending tone whatsoever...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
    Because MoteC include a (simple) programming language its possible to create your own analyzing menus and produce Access like tabels that can pinpoint any weird behaviour of a racing car on the tarmac.
    Virtual or RL :-)
    Or argumenting the other way around then there is actually a good reason that professional RL racing teams more or less allways use Motec (or to some extent Atlas telemetry sw) - even when they have to pay a licencing fee:-)

ByTheWay: Before Nogrip forum disapeared one of the more fancy MoteC projects was named:
    MoTeC i2 Pro Tools-Analysis of DIFF Function
    It was made for rF2 but was easily converted to iRacing.
    The project was made by a guy called carham. And my guess is that such an analyzing project would have been quite impossible to create in one of the many socalled "telemetry" gadgets.
    I think the key difference here is the input of data between real life and sim. In real life, I think the biggest problem is actually obtaining the data, and obtaining it in a reliable way, this requires several tools, a lot of knowledge in several areas, it is not a job for non-professionals.

But in sim racing, all the data is available to everybody and it is always 100% reliable and identical for everybody, as it is the same data the sim is using for its calculations, drawing etc. So in sim racing, only limit is your imagination, it is so extremely easy to use the available data, so all you need is a little programming knowledge and a vision and you can do absolutely anything you can imagine with it, certainly as much or more than what MoTeC does (provided the data needed is included in the game output). In real life, it is way more complicated, that's why you need the professionals there...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    RS Dash can do that for you.
    You can revisit every lap with sector times and if you are connected to the cloud, after each session many data, like times , tire wear, pressure etc can be revisited in the browser.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-telemetry-app
    Thanks, I will check it out!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    In real life, I think the biggest problem is actually obtaining the data, and obtaining it in a reliable way, this requires several tools, a lot of knowledge in several areas, it is not a job for non-professionals.
    Good thinking.
    You are completely right about the difference between sim/RL telemetry sensors - and if you follow satcos link you will see that Im not completely without experience in this area.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1457788
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem