Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some questions regarding tuning.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Now going back to camber: depending on the amount of body roll and dynamic camber change (kinematics) the car experiences (as well as staggered tire width), your tires will heat across the width of it at different rates. You want to adjust camber to control those temps. If the inside of the tire is too hot, you're wearing the insides edge much more than the outside (think stance cars). This also means you're not using the entire available tire width for maximum grip. Same for the opposite: if your outside is hotter than the inside, your tire is rolling over to its sidewall.
    @Hazlazm: To add to that, you should keep in mind that you actually want the inside of the tire to be slightly hotter than the outside (5-10C delta). Your target should not be to equal them out completely.

And as cpcdem already mentioned, it's important to know in which situations the car behaves in an undesired way to indentify the issue and know what to adjust.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    @Hazlazm: To add to that, you should keep in mind that you actually want the inside of the tire to be slightly hotter than the outside (5-10C delta). Your target should not be to equal them out completely.
    This is very important because tracks do have straights and med-low load corners where you're not utilising the full width of the tire.
    I should've been more clear about that.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazlazm View Post
    I started with Ginetta Junior and it worked fine then moved on to Ginetta GT5 which was a blast and then I moved to GT3 and picked the Mustang Boss and had so much trouble that I just retired more or less every race so I could redo the series with a different car but I changed my mind and chose the A series. I didn't have much trouble with the Mercedez 190E in the first game but now I encountered oversteer when coming out of a corner and accelerating. I try to be more gentle with the gas but then I feel as if I'm to slow instead. I have a much harder time in qualifying since the tyres are cold but when they're warm it's still a tad too much oversteer on corner exit, and it happens mostly on slow/medium corners.
    Ahh, the 190E! Not sure why, but when I had tried it, it didn't click with me, although many people love it. Just had a quick look again, yeah, hard to handle it, probably because it is a front engined heavy and powerful RWD car I guess. The game does give a "Control Difficulty" 3/3 for it!

Main thing with it, I think is to get used to properly apply throttle on corner exit, do not go full throttle too soon, be patient while you are still turning, it needs practice of course to learn how much it can handle. If you want to make setup adjustments to help you with this, you can go to the Diff page and increase the Power Ramp value from 35 to something much higher (maybe try 70 at first), this will make the car rotate much less under acceleration, especially in slow corners. If that makes you comfortable with it, then later try slowly lowering the value again and see if you can manage it better now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for all your informative replies even though I might not even understand half of the things regarding how a certain part of a car works/how it behaves and such, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Ahh, the 190E! Not sure why, but when I had tried it, it didn't click with me, although many people love it. Just had a quick look again, yeah, hard to handle it, probably because it is a front engined heavy and powerful RWD car I guess. The game does give a "Control Difficulty" 3/3 for it!

Main thing with it, I think is to get used to properly apply throttle on corner exit, do not go full throttle too soon, be patient while you are still turning, it needs practice of course to learn how much it can handle. If you want to make setup adjustments to help you with this, you can go to the Diff page and increase the Power Ramp value from 35 to something much higher (maybe try 70 at first), this will make the car rotate much less under acceleration, especially in slow corners. If that makes you comfortable with it, then later try slowly lowering the value again and see if you can manage it better now.

I loved it in PC1 and I find that I am liking it more and more now after I copied blinkngone LSD settings. What is the consequence of having a high Power Ramp? I'm not in-game so I can't read it's description right now but even so, I might ask here since the in-game explanation might not be adequate.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazlazm View Post
    I loved it in PC1 and I find that I am liking it more and more now after I copied blinkngone LSD settings. What is the consequence of having a high Power Ramp? I'm not in-game so I can't read it's description right now but even so, I might ask here since the in-game explanation might not be adequate.
    You can read here for details http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Differentials , but in very short, it does not allow giving much more torque to the outer wheel while cornering and accelerating, which has the result that the car does not rotate too much, so you reduce oversteer this way. Disadvantage is the same thing, makes it more difficult to rotate the car under acceleration.

Also normally I think it should be making acceleration slower (since less torque is applied to the "important" wheel - someone correct me if I am wrong), but I do not think this is actually modeled in the game, at least it's not something I am noticing. Last night I increased the angle to the full, 90 degrees and the car actually felt very good and fast, maybe give this a try.
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340