Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inconsistent despite my best efforts

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Every time I get in a new car or new track I do 10laps in a row trying to get each lap quicker than the previous, with the lap delta time delta on screen.

This way I naturally build the pace up shorten braking points and get a feel as to which corners you can push on and save time and which corners you canít really gain time on, where itís risky to push due to kerbs etc

First few times you do it perhaps take the last corner easy so even if you are down during the next lap you know you claw it back.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So last night after the kiddos went to bed, I decided to start another racing career. This time I chose Sports Lites (Catherham/Radical). Before I officially started the career, I took the Catherham to Sonoma for some testing.....holy clutch plate....these cars are quick! While about the same top speed as the GT4 from my previous career, these accelerate and whip around corners like no ones business....I found myself a bit behind the car 3 or 4 laps into my familiarity run. It’s so easy to push these cars quicker and quicker....and they just stick! Most of my errors were from not having a 100% mental map of this configuration of Sonoma. Perhaps I should have chosen a slower class of cars, if for no other reason to learn some of the tracks. Clio Cup, or Ginetta Junior maybe. Maybe some experiments in some lower class open wheel cars is in order. Regardless, these track cars are a hoot. I’m probably not competitive, but damn, these feel so quick.....and with VR.....unparalleled simming expierence.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
    So last night after the kiddos went to bed, I decided to start another racing career. This time I chose Sports Lites (Catherham/Radical). Before I officially started the career, I took the Catherham to Sonoma for some testing.....holy clutch plate....these cars are quick! While about the same top speed as the GT4 from my previous career, these accelerate and whip around corners like no ones business....I found myself a bit behind the car 3 or 4 laps into my familiarity run. It’s so easy to push these cars quicker and quicker....and they just stick! Most of my errors were from not having a 100% mental map of this configuration of Sonoma. Perhaps I should have chosen a slower class of cars, if for no other reason to learn some of the tracks. Clio Cup, or Ginetta Junior maybe. Maybe some experiments in some lower class open wheel cars is in order. Regardless, these track cars are a hoot. I’m probably not competitive, but damn, these feel so quick.....and with VR.....unparalleled simming expierence.
    Try the Lotus 25. VERY controllable.
    Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard, Intel I7 7700K CPU @ 4.5gHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti GPU.
    Oculus Rift, Logitech G29 wheel.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Tires - Pay close attention to what tires are on the car, and what temperature they get to. If they are much above 200F they will be too hot and become slippery... If they never get up to something like 165F, they will be cold and slippery.

I was just doing some practice recently , track temperatures were 104F, the 'Automatic by weather' had me on hard slicks ( this is in GT3 cars ), I was running at RedBull Ring, I could barely do 1:34 lap... I tried Soft slicks and was running 1:31.5 or so, and they held up well for at least 20 minutes ( that was how long I was racing ). My softs were running about 200F, but not going above that, more or less ideal really.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I think the greatest satisfaction I've gained from this game is my improvement and learning more than race wins.
    For me, its the one lap in 10 that I get right!

Still love it, still learning, still getting faster! (only slightly on the last point)
    o∑pin∑ion Ėnoun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300