Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PARTIALLY RESOLVED] TS-XW not recognised in Project Cars 1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

[PARTIALLY RESOLVED] TS-XW not recognised in Project Cars 1

I know this is the Project Cars 2 Forum not a Project Cars 1 Forum, but I would like to know if any Thrustmaster TS-XW users have a problem with Project Cars 1 recognising the wheel.

I have email TM Support about it but thought I would ask here also.

When I go to settings in Project Cars 1, it displays a picture of the original Microsoft Xbox 360 Steering Wheel and Pedals (with just gas and brake). It calibrates the wheel and the 2 pedals but not the clutch and therefore I cannot enable manual clutch. It also recognises that I have a TH8A Shifter and a TSS Handbrake (although it maps the handbrake to the A button).

Does anyone else with a TS-XW have the same problem? It recognises fine in Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, the Forza Games, Dirt Rally and the Codemasters F1 games, and also works on all the PC Titles Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, RFactor 2, RaceRoom, etc.

Platform
    PC
    Moved to pC1 forum.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    That wheel was released well after development for PC1 stopped so there won't be a profile for it. Have you tried using the "Custom Wheel" profile and manually assigning the controls?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This is on the Xbox, I can't select a Custom Wheel, everything seems to be locked.

I also had an email from Thrustmaster confirming the wheel was compatible with PC1.

"To answer your question, Project Cars 1 is among the list of games on which the TS-XW Racer is natively supported, on the XBOX One, so no issues have been reported. You might have a local issue on your console. Please make sure that the game is also at the latest update/patch."

Platform
    PC
    You could try another Thrustmaster product profile, but compatible doesn't necessarily mean there will be a pre-defined profile. Compatible means there is some way to get it to function.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    How do you change a profile?

Platform
    PC
    in the main Controls screen, select a different wheel.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Its disabled, and doesn't let me change it.

Platform
    PC
    Have you connected the wheel to a PC and updated it? I'm not sure if there is a way to update the firmware on those without a PC.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes its on the latest update - that was the first thing I did, as without that the TH8A, TSS Handbrake and TM Sim Hub weren't recognised. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all the DLC, done a hard reset on the Xbox One and also powered everything off and back on, also switched the usb ports it plugs into on the Xbox. No dice.