Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year

Platform
    PC

Happy New Year

Happy New Year guys and girls!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 5 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Christiaan van Beilen, cpcdem, John Hargreaves, Killso2

Platform
    PC
    Happy new year everyone !
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Have a great 2019..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Happy new year all... live long and prosper and all that jazz.

I had to flee with my car from my street though as some jack ass neighbor (pardon my kindest Dutch translation) decided to light fire to his old couch set next to my car! Mind that I couldn't even get out of the street except by driving through flaming materials that were scattered.
    Let's hope this isn't a precursor on how the rest of my 2019 will be.

This following clip is an understatement still but a pretty good approach to how it truly is (in my area at least)...

Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Happy new year! Best wishes for 2019, both in the many virtual worlds as in the one real world.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Unbelievable how we celebrate new year in the Netherlands. I would vote for a complete firework free celebration. Only professional firework shows. The vid above is a perfect example on how utterly crazy we are.. When I see such footage I feel ashamed to be a Dutchie... what a morons and the politicians don’t do a thing about it. Other than raise the taxes to be able to pay for all the demolitions which are made in those last days of the year..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Happy new year everybody and have a great 2019
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Unbelievable how we celebrate new year in the Netherlands. I would vote for a complete firework free celebration. Only professional firework shows. The vid above is a perfect example on how utterly crazy we are.. When I see such footage I feel ashamed to be a Dutchie... what a morons and the politicians don’t do a thing about it. Other than raise the taxes to be able to pay for all the demolitions which are made in those last days of the year..
    Yup, have you seen the footage from Scheveningen/The Hague? They build a huge firewood stack of pallets and it got out of control with fire tornadoes and the firebrigade having to keep the buildings wet because of all the fire sparks flowing over the city from the seaside where they build that monolith.

If I have to be honest? As a kid I was more impressed by the water, light and laser show that was timed on music way back in Pula, Yugoslavia (so before the war there) in the 80's. So instead of an all firework show maybe they could also add some light effects or even make a laser hologram in the sky or something to impress people.
    Than again even if you deny people by law to set off fireworks they will still go across the border to get some, and without proper border security due to the Schengen treaty you can't stop that as maintaining these people on the street and stopping them from firing it is near impossible. At least not with the amount of police we have over here.

I sincerely hope everyone here who live in other countries were able to have a more respectable and joyous New Year.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Happy New Year all!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Yup, have you seen the footage from Scheveningen/The Hague? They build a huge firewood stack of pallets and it got out of control with fire tornadoes and the firebrigade having to keep the buildings wet because of all the fire sparks flowing over the city from the seaside where they build that monolith.

If I have to be honest? As a kid I was more impressed by the water, light and laser show that was timed on music way back in Pula, Yugoslavia (so before the war there) in the 80's. So instead of an all firework show maybe they could also add some light effects or even make a laser hologram in the sky or something to impress people.
    Than again even if you deny people by law to set off fireworks they will still go across the border to get some, and without proper border security due to the Schengen treaty you can't stop that as maintaining these people on the street and stopping them from firing it is near impossible. At least not with the amount of police we have over here.

I sincerely hope everyone here who live in other countries were able to have a more respectable and joyous New Year.
    Yups I’ve seen the vids of Scheveningen indeed. Unbelievable.....

I have seen those laser shows in yugoslavia as well. My parents took us often to Yugoslavia back in the pre war days.
    Amazing country. Really beautiful nature as well. At least back then. I don’t know how it is now. I presume the same although with a lot of landmines still buried..