Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy New Year

Platform
    PC
    Heppy new thing
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Yups Iíve seen the vids of Scheveningen indeed. Unbelievable.....

I have seen those laser shows in yugoslavia as well. My parents took us often to Yugoslavia back in the pre war days.
    Amazing country. Really beautiful nature as well. At least back then. I donít know how it is now. I presume the same although with a lot of landmines still buried..
    It's a great country still! I also went there with my parents in the pre-war days and they were coming there since before I was born. In fact they got engaged Sarajevo.
    They knew a waiter named Stanko Popovic in Novi Vinodolski who worked in a hotel there, and they went there all the time. In fact they stayed at with his family.

During the war we went to Hungary for many years but nothing beats Yugoslavia's nature. From beautiful nature up till dry areas where many Spaghetti Westerns have been filmed.
    Not to talk about the food... which is just as amazing. Just watch late Antonio Bourdain his piece on Croatia.

Last time I was in Croatia was in 2008 when we went to Zadar with the caravan. Did a trip to the Krka falls, a cruise through the islands in front of Zadar and took a dip in the Salt Lake where Winnatou was recorded, and on the final day we went to the Plitvice lakes. Although while driving up there along the Croatia-Bosnian border you could still see the tanks sitting there pointing towards Bosnia. Also many buildings still were not repaired and you could see impact damage everywhere. The coastal area is fine though.

Sadly with all the refugees at the moment I don't know if it will be a great holiday destination at the moment.
    It is still a great country besides that with plenty of old Roman history where a good part was part of Venice, and with many Italian tourists it feels like being on holiday in Italy up to a degree but cheaper.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1
    So, refugees make a place not worth spending a holiday anymore. That's an 'interesting' story. I'm pretty sure if you approach a group of refugees with an open mind, shake their hands, have a talk and actually listen to their story, you'd see that they're no evil aliens, they're people like you and me.
    Happy new year!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    So, refugees make a place not worth spending a holiday anymore. That's an 'interesting' story. I'm pretty sure if you approach a group of refugees with an open mind, shake their hands, have a talk and actually listen to their story, you'd see that they're no evil aliens, they're people like you and me.
    Happy new year!
    I won't go into that discussion right here. It involves a lot of topics that are not allowed within the constraints of this forum. Let's just say that if you're not Dutch than you and I are also different, and in the same way their cultural background and bagage is just too different from ours. There are enough figures around to disclaim your claim that they are all upstanding people with a heart of gold.

I'll tell you right now that what happened in Bottrop today will become more frequent everywhere in Europe in upcoming times as people are fed up with these refugees not fitting in with local national cultural values.

That said I do wish you all the best this year.
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 01-01-2019 at 19:05.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1
    Figures? There are also enough fake news around that claim a lot of BS. It's like an epidemic. The vast majority want to live a peaceful life without war, the smell of death in the streets and without criminals like ISIS that want to live in the middle ages. Here in germany there have been more than 1000 attacks on refugee homes since 2015, so Bottrop is nothing new. That's an absolute disgrace for the whole country, and you know what? That's exactly what ISIS want. All the anti-refugee campaign in Europe is actually helping ISIS. Congratulations!
    Last edited by rich1e I; 01-01-2019 at 19:51.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Can we not just wish a happy new year to everybody without degenerating into a political discussion.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm sorry for the off-topic but I'm not the one who repeatedly brings politics into discussions, and I think it's my duty as a citizen and a member of a democratic society to push back to insinuations like we can see above. Just shutting up isn't really the way to go.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 01-01-2019 at 20:20.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Can we not just wish a happy new year to everybody without degenerating into a political discussion.
    I don't want to either.

Best wishes to you too, Cluck. I hope you'll be as witty and humorous as last year with your comments. That many coats may be grabbed.