Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the first Project Cars is better than Project Cars 2 in Controller?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    My Xbox 360 controller settings:

Personally I don't recommend using any filter/dampers, those things numb the controls, can cause input lag and make it more difficult to control the car imo. Adjusting either steering sensitivity or speed steering sensitivity would be a better option if you feel controls are too twitchy.
    Controller input mode 2 seems to be the best one imo, 3 feels like there's some sort of filter turned on, 1 doesn't feel right either.
    Also, set "render frames ahead" to 1, default is 2 which causes input lag.

I don't have PCars2, but in the demo I use the same settings as in the PCars1 video above, set both damper settings to 0, and set "render frames ahead" to 1.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    PC2 comes with more than a single setup, so in fact controller default is still aimed more towards understeer..
    I wasn't talking about setups, just the games in general

Quote Originally Posted by sbart_uk View Post
    I wasn't talking about setups, just the games in general
    So why do most people find the controller better in PC2 ?

Oversteer isn't a major issue after they added the opposite lock assist (something that ACC appears to have tried to copy), the filtering in PC2 is better, the SSS is better weighted, it's all in, a much better controller system (and so It should be for the amount of work that the team put into the rework)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gregc, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Does anyone know the percentage of PC2 drivers who use a controller? I assumed most use a wheel.
    Last edited by Swass; 14-01-2019 at 16:54.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    Does anyone know the percentage of PC2 drivers who use a controller? I assumed most use a wheel.
    In time trial, you can easily see who's using a wheel/controller/keyboard. In both of them (Edit: meant to say in both PCARS1 and PCARS2) the wheel:controller ratio varies from 10:1 to 5:1 for the PC platform, which is easy to check. For consoles, I am sure the numbers are much greater on the controller side, but I have no way to actually check them.

And of course this is only an indicative ratio, because obviously not everybody is doing time trial and possibly wheel users do more TT than controller users do anyway.
    Last edited by cpcdem; Yesterday at 00:14.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    In time trial, you can easily see who's using a wheel/controller/keyboard. In both of them the wheel:controller ratio varies from 10:1 to 5:1 for the PC platform, which is easy to check. For consoles, I am sure the numbers are much greater on the controller side, but I have no way to actually check them.

And of course this is only an indicative ratio, because obviously not everybody is doing time trial and possibly wheel users do more TT than controller users do anyway.
    For league racing on console it is probably 17:1 in favour of wheel ,but I am sure that it is the more serious players, and therefore the ones more likely to have a wheel, who league race

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    So why do most people find the controller better in PC2 ?
    Probably because most controller users use tap steering instead of precision steering. For tap steering players things like filters/dampers, deadzones, low steering sensitivity and high speed sensitivity make it easier to drive. PCars2 default setup has all those things and therefore it's more catered to tap steering players.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    Probably because most controller users use tap steering instead of precision steering. For tap steering players things like filters/dampers, deadzones, low steering sensitivity and high speed sensitivity make it easier to drive. PCars2 default setup has all those things and therefore it's more catered to tap steering players.
    I do precision steering mainly, but I think occasionally tap when I find it quicker.