Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC2 - Fanatec CSW2 - Drivehub ?

Platform
    PS4

PC2 - Fanatec CSW2 - Drivehub ?

Hi everyone...
    Still playing (occasionally the original PC on a standard PS4).
    Has been a busy 12 months with redundancy and finding a new job!

Have decided I’d like to join the PC2 party. I’m aware that my CSW-V2 won’t work anymore with my PS4, but understand that the Drivehub device may be my best solution (as I don’t wish to start spending loads of money on a new wheelbase!)

Your thoughts and advice please on the Drivehub as a means for me to enjoy PC2 with my current gear that includes the Fanatec shifter, V3 pedals and a Universal Wheel Hub with GT style wheel.

From what I understand, will I have to connect all the devices to the Drivehub (so have to purchase a Fanatec USB cable), or will I still be able to connect everything through the CSW-V2 base..?

Is there a ‘Game of the Year’ version of the second game on the horizon, like the first..?

Thanks in advance for your time...

D

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    From what I've heard the Drivehub is excellent, I own one but have never used it. Full FFB, zero lag and the perfect solution for otherwise unsupported devices.

I think that you only need to connect peripherals to the DH if you want to mix and match different brands of wheels and shifters/pedals etc. I would imagine that the V2 would work with the shifter/pedals connected to the base and the base connected to the Drivehub by USB alone.

As I say, I own a new, unused Drivehub... so if you want one cheaper than buying a new one from source, send me a PM!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: TakMan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I run a V2.5 with a Drivehub when I want to use it on my PS4 to play GTsport. I play PC2 on Xbox and PC.

With that being said. Everything gets hooked to the base. Then you go from the base to the USB port on the drive hub. The Drive hub has a port that goes to the PS4 and then another port you need to plug your PS4 controller into. It emulates it as a Logitec. DO NOT use Fanatec mode. Use Fanalogic mode. You also get the benefit of the rev lights on the rim to work as well. It plays great with GTsport in my setup and I am very happy with it.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the feedback, guys.
    D
    CSW-V2 | Universal Hub PC/PS4 | GT Rim | CSP-V3 + 2x dampers | CSS SQ V 1.5
    Wheel: SEN: AUT | FF: 80 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100 | Brf 30
    Game: Deadzones: 0 | Sensitivities: 50 | FFB/TF: 100/100 | Advanced Controller - OFF
    48" Samsung LED TV | AKG K550 | GameRacer Pro with Tillet kart seat
    The following user likes this Post: Juiced46

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Drive Hub CSWV2

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    DO NOT use Fanatec mode. Use Fanalogic mode.
    I have a V2 and find the Drivehub works great. In fact is saved my investment in fanatec gear, after Sony put the hammer down.

However I would qualify the above statement. It is not so black and white.

The logitech emulation still works better for GT sport IMO (because they have not yet evolved their fanatec native support), but the Fanatec Mode works better for project cars2 and F1 series. The difference is particularly noticeable in pcars 2. More refined and lifelike to me. The wheels do have different mechanical and electrical response characteristics, so the game drivers do vary the signal accordingly.

But don't let us convince you one way or the other - try both. The games will recognize the wheel separately for each mode, so you will need to adjust the in-game settings accordingly. Also use a separate wheel tuning setting for each mode as the FFB settings will be different.
    PS4 DriveHub Fanatec CSWB v2 CSP v3 SQ 1.5 F1 Carbon Porsche 918
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Juiced46, TakMan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs60 View Post
    I have a V2 and find the Drivehub works great. In fact is saved my investment in fanatec gear, after Sony put the hammer down.

However I would qualify the above statement. It is not so black and white.

The logitech emulation still works better for GT sport IMO (because they have not yet evolved their fanatec native support), but the Fanatec Mode works better for project cars2 and F1 series. The difference is particularly noticeable in pcars 2. More refined and lifelike to me. The wheels do have different mechanical and electrical response characteristics, so the game drivers do vary the signal accordingly.

But don't let us convince you one way or the other - try both. The games will recognize the wheel separately for each mode, so you will need to adjust the in-game settings accordingly. Also use a separate wheel tuning setting for each mode as the FFB settings will be different.
    Good info. I only use it for GTsport but it is good to know Fanatec mode works good with Pcars2. I play Pcars2 on PC and Xbox.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks again for the useful advice.
    It’s been a long time since I hooked the gear up, so apologies for the next questions!

1) How do I select these different modes - Fanatec / Fanalogic..?

2 Should I upgrade the wheelbase’s firmware (it works fine in PC1) as it is, but I am definitely a few iterations behind now. If so, do I now go to the CSW-V2.5 firmware (sorry, I haven’t had time to check out the Fanatec website)..?

D
    Wheel: SEN: AUT | FF: 80 | SHo: 100 | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100 | Brf 30
    Game: Deadzones: 0 | Sensitivities: 50 | FFB/TF: 100/100 | Advanced Controller - OFF

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TakMan View Post
    Thanks again for the useful advice.
    It’s been a long time since I hooked the gear up, so apologies for the next questions!

1) How do I select these different modes - Fanatec / Fanalogic..?

2 Should I upgrade the wheelbase’s firmware (it works fine in PC1) as it is, but I am definitely a few iterations behind now. If so, do I now go to the CSW-V2.5 firmware (sorry, I haven’t had time to check out the Fanatec website)..?

D
    As for switching between Fanatec and Fanalogic mode that is done when the drivehub is connected. It is a long button press done on the wheel itself, I just forget which combination of buttons it is at this time. I have to look at the manual.

The newest firmware is the 311 firmware. The V2.5 firmware is NOT compbatible with the V2. You need the 311 firmware for the V2 from this link https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/suppor...product_id;773

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks again - much appreciated!

D

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Selecting modes is covered in the documentation for the DH. Its the two bottom buttons on the F1 and 918 rims. Press and hold - the DH display will flash, so will the Rim display - F for fanatec and L for logitech. Do this before starting the game - in game will confuse it. The PS4 will show a controller connect/disconnect.

I was running older firmware for a long time, but recently went to the newest. No issues but it did wipe my PS3 mode I think. Also there are regular minor tweaks for the DH so check those firmware updates out as well.

They have a forum over at cronus max for DH users.
    PS4 DriveHub Fanatec CSWB v2 CSP v3 SQ 1.5 F1 Carbon Porsche 918