Thread: Disqualified for not pitting despite desperately trying to.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Disqualified for not pitting despite desperately trying to.

Hi,

I raced today online lobby of 10 laps. During 7th lap I requested pitstop, for whole two laps i had the message "pit box occupied" even the radio was babbling about it. In 9th lap I managed to request pit stop again (it refused to pop up for whole lap) wit the same message. even got warning that I should pit not to be disqualified. So I got in the pits asuming the message is just a bug because I had to PIT !!! As soon as i entered the pits in 9/10 laps I got disqualified for not making a pit stop. Like really? I try my best for 15 minutes and than I get disqualified like this? Seriously the game is out for quite a time. This kind of things really shouldn't happen. And by the way there were two cars in the whole pit stop that retired sitting in garage. There were no cars at all for those 2 laps i tried to pit. Sorry for being hot blooded a bit but this really made me angry. Even more than some stupid crashers out there...

Platform
    PC
    could be, the winner raced over the finish line bfore you entered pits?
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )

Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Hey FANBOYS! I constantly drive Assetto Corsa, ACC, rFactor2, R3E and Project CARS 2. I like them all. Don't tell me THINGS!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    could be, the winner raced over the finish line bfore you entered pits?
    No, there was no countdown running and i tried to pit while being midpack in 7/10 laps. Nurburgring GP

Platform
    PC
    You have to do the pitstop before the final lap (i.e. you will get a penalty if you finish the race in the pit lane). As for the pits being occupied, if you are on manual pitstop you can always drive into the pits and stack the pitstops.

I will say doing a mandatory pitstop in a 10 lap race seems very silly.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    PC
    You can't force a pit stop if the box is occupied, the reason it says occupied is those 2 people who retired and sat in the pits created the pit stop occupied bug, we had it a lot so if anyone retired we got them to either leave or just park up safely on track so that it didn't occupy the pit box, it's a long term bug I'm afraid.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Superkart Pilot
    Loved the moderator response.
    "Does not work? It's your fault cause you're silly! It is not a bug!"

It's a bug and it will never be fixed like all the other bugs.
    There's no reason to complaint.
    The solution is the same that have been used to the rest of the bugs since the beginning. If it's broken, tough luck. Don't use that "feature".
    Last edited by foxymop; 09-01-2019 at 20:15.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    You can't force a pit stop if the box is occupied, the reason it says occupied is those 2 people who retired and sat in the pits created the pit stop occupied bug, we had it a lot so if anyone retired we got them to either leave or just park up safely on track so that it didn't occupy the pit box, it's a long term bug I'm afraid.
    Hi Charger. It's good that you know this bug and many others as well. These won't be fixed, along with Host Kick, track penalties etc.. The new people are going to stumble on the pit stop issues, some of them get frustrated and just quit. This will keep happening for the next couple of years until the new game launches. Do you know of any thread where bugs and solutions for pit stops are compiled? The only possible one I can think of is Asturbo's threads. It would be better if we had a "Sticky" guide dealing with just pit stop issues/partial solutions/work arounds.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi Charger. It's good that you know this bug and many others as well. These won't be fixed, along with Host Kick, track penalties etc.. The new people are going to stumble on the pit stop issues, some of them get frustrated and just quit. This will keep happening for the next couple of years until the new game launches. Do you know of any thread where bugs and solutions for pit stops are compiled? The only possible one I can think of is Asturbo's threads. It would be better if we had a "Sticky" guide dealing with just pit stop issues/partial solutions/work arounds.
    Yeah I didn't see it in ASTurbos list unless I missed it but it's something that cropped up quite regularly in league races where we had mandatory pits and a few retires, unless they leave the game after retiring then you just cannot physically pit as there is no pit box to pit into as it shows as occupied if the person who retired just sits in the garage, it's rare but if you have a few retire it gets more of a problem.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Yeah I didn't see it in ASTurbos list unless I missed it but it's something that cropped up quite regularly in league races where we had mandatory pits and a few retires, unless they leave the game after retiring then you just cannot physically pit as there is no pit box to pit into as it shows as occupied if the person who retired just sits in the garage, it's rare but if you have a few retire it gets more of a problem.
    Ok, I only found this one from Raklodder in Patch 7.0 thread and it has to do with AI, not a real driver as you described. According to Doug this issue won't be addressed, my interpretation since he skipped to issues #3 and #4. Don't know if the OP had an AI problem or real car/driver.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1476699
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrakuun View Post
    ...Sorry for being hot blooded a bit but this really made me angry. Even more than some stupid crashers out there...
    Yes, it is a bug, but really rare: I did hundreds of online races with mandatory pit stops and never had it

But... don't be so angry for a rare bug
    If occasional online race... ok... do the next one, who cares (be angry... but only for 15 minutes )
    If a championship... I assume they have a set of rules to prevent or solve (or mitigate) some bugs and problems